cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

awken

Day one for Me

I have been trying to quit since November I have had 3 fails so far , read Allen Cars book over the weekend , and I about 13 hours into My fourth and hopefully final quit ! so just wanted to say Hello , I will be coming here to read and to help stay strong , I am 57 years old and have smoked for 37 years ! I admire all of you who have quit , I hope to join your ranks and be able to talk about how many days , how many months , how many years I stay quit !! 

Tags (1)
42 Replies
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. Your desire to smober up is shining through. Yes you can, one day at a time.

Legend

Welcome to EX. I hope you have a great day.

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  Did you set a quit date yet?   It does help to pick on in advance and spend that time planning by reading lots of material on this site. Plan on what are going to substitute for a smoke when you have a craving, etc.  There's lots of support here, so reach out for help if you need it.

69DOF

awken

I have been prepping for a while , reading , soul searching , contemplating so my quit date was Monday May 21st , starting day 2 !

MichelleDiane

Welcome to the community.  It's wonderful to start the day in this community and equally as meaningful to end the day here.  All other times in between are great too.  There is so much information to read and you will see so many similarities in your journey.  We all walk this together, so grab someones hand first thing at the daily pledge and take it one day at a time

Strudel

Yay you! Congrats on your quit! You have certainly come to the right place for support!!  I smoked for 40 years and quit almost 8 years ago.....I know this site and the support here made that's possible! And - reading the Carr book! Stay close and congrats again! 

awken

36 hrs. smoke free , starting 2nd full day , had some strong afternoon/ early evening cravings yesterday, addressed them in my mind and brushed them off and sent them on there way ! feeling optimistic and confident , happy to have found this site , very supportive thank you all !  I know I got a long way to go and it won't always be easy but it can be/will be done , it is up to me and me alone , I will be the one to decide to give in to a craving and light up or not !

JACKIE1-25-15

Good job.  It will always be a choice.  Continue to choose freedom. 

Deena-A-Yenni

Next time a smoking thot comes in your brain you could drink a tall glass of cool water as another alternative.  It worked for me.

Barbscloud

Congrats on one day won.  One day at a time!

70DOF