cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

awken

Day one for Me

I have been trying to quit since November I have had 3 fails so far , read Allen Cars book over the weekend , and I about 13 hours into My fourth and hopefully final quit ! so just wanted to say Hello , I will be coming here to read and to help stay strong , I am 57 years old and have smoked for 37 years ! I admire all of you who have quit , I hope to join your ranks and be able to talk about how many days , how many months , how many years I stay quit !! 

Tags (1)
42 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on 11 days. Whoo Hoo!!!!!!

You can turn those cravings into something good.  Think of it as a  nice buzz that you are only going to have for only a little while.  Or imagine that you are floating on a wave, relaxing, breathing, just floating.  Or consider it as your body going through a cleansing process and every time a craving comes you are getting better for not smoking  Sing, dance make it light, airy and fun.  Spin around. Laugh the craves away.  You can do it 

elvan

If a day is too long, make it an hour...stay in the moment.  You CAN do this...you CAN STAY quit and it is so worth it.

Ellen

GyorgyiM

Time for a "Ha Ha"...................(hope you like cats...)

She works hard for her kibbles