cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnnyRingo5

Too many reasons to count.  I grew tired of my horrible smoker's cough, always being out of breath, smelling like an ashtray, feeling like an outcast in a society growing increasingly hostile towards smokers, spending tons of money on something I knew was killing me, etc. etc. etc.

I guess I could just simplify that and say I quit to lead a better life.  And yes, life is MUCH better as a non-smoker.

View solution in original post

43 Replies
MarilynH

I also quit when I found out that I have mild copd and it scared the living crap out of me! 

YoungAtHeart

Nancy:  vascular blockages

karenjones

Oral cancer.

Lisaml

Every time I got a simple cold or sinus infection it would lead to bronchitis. I quit when I had bad bronchitis spell. Coughed my head off, couldn't breathe. At age 45 I was terrified at the prospect of feeling like that forever if I were to develop COPD. 

Sandi4

I didn't want to do it any more.

AnnetteMM

My 15 year old granddaughter started smoking.  I wanted to be a better role model.

anaussiemom

Why? 

I have moderate COPD.  Was in hospital last year at this time for bilateral lung infection, they didnt know if I would pull thru.  2 years before at this time, had a bulging vein in my brain. (brain surgery clip).    They knew of the bulging vein  because I had a stroke 4 months before in 2016.  Not related to stroke  it was a nightmare surgery.  Almost died 2 times in 2 and 1/2 years.   My health was fine til I turned 55.  I dont' have any reason to smoke!

My miracles have run out, I believe.

002.JPG
I dont want a life with more of this...2016

23795843_1600463546665915_448521853337237982_n.jpg
I want this life!  (2018 pic).  New hair finally slowly grew back.

JAA13

You look so beautiful! I feel like I am running out of time to reverse the affects.

0 Kudos
elvan

Thomas3.20.2010‌ I quit smoking because breathing became so terrifyingly difficult at times...I wanted to live without that feeling overwhelming me.  I quit smoking to save myself from MORE damage.  I have NEVER regretted quitting, I will ALWAYS regret starting.

Ellen