cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

juliee8282

Trying to quit

I'm 38 trying to quit smoking for the second time went back bc of a certain situation I was in, I'm quitting bc I'm in a better situation now. I'm mentally preparing myself it's going to be hard and cravings will come and go.im also trying to conceive and it's hard enough being overweight with pcos and on top of it all I'm smoker I'm trying to change that plus I'm trying to get weight loss surgery to try to conceive. I need a support

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

Sounds like you have all the right reasons to quit. Quitting for others is definitely a motivation but ultimately it’s for yourself. Whatever reason, for now, is good. The benefits to not smoking are endless. You will do well here. Welcome!

0 Kudos
elvan

Keep in mind that you CAN do this, seriously.  It gets easier after a while.  Do the reading, come here every day, decide what you will do INSTEAD of smoking when you are craving.  You have many choices.  My mantra when I came here was NOPE, Not One Puff Ever.  If I had put that into practice, I could have quit YEARS ago.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

0 Kudos