cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Den1745

Today I Quit

Today is the first day of my quit, but as I like better, "Today is my new beginning".  I have been loading myself with as many tools possible to conquer this BEAST!  I have been reading Allen Carr's "Easy wasy to quit Smoking" book, I have joined this website, I have started Chantix and I have told ALL of my friends and family!  I put out my last cancer stick last night around 10PM. 

Tags (1)
65 Replies
Den1745

Thanks

dwwms

Sounds like you have a good plan and a sister to help with the rough patches! Welcome aboard, we're all in this together to support each other learning a new life of freedom from the grasp of cigarettes!

Doug

Den1745

Thanks, and yes my sister has been very encouraging.

elvan

Den1745  Welcome to EX, so happy to see you here.  It sounds like you have planned this out and prepared for it and you are doing everything right.  Congratulations on being smoke free since last night, that is HUGE.  I am pretty sure you know that.  Please don't hesitate to reach out and ask for help if you feel like you are struggling.  You have a GREAT sister DebiD‌ and I am sure she is very, very happy that you are here.  My oldest daughter quit smoking over a year and a half ago, she used the patch and I tried to be her sounding board...she wouldn't come to EX, said she had too many other things that took up her time. In any event, she is not smoking, I haven't smoked in over three years and there is not one day of freedom that I regret.  Smoking does nothing FOR you, only TO you and none of what it does is good. No crave ever killed anyone, unlike smoking.  Be honest with yourself when you have a crave, ask yourself what smoking a cigarette would do for you, if you are completely honest, I suspect you will find that it will do NOTHING.  NOPE, Not One Puff Ever was my mantra for several months and I stayed very close to this site, I still do but more to give back now than to scream out for support.  

Best,

Ellen

Den1745

Thanks for the advise and support

stephanie1067

Congratulations on quitting!!!  I am a newbie too, only 17 days quit so far.  But WE CAN DO THIS!!!  I know we can!  

DebiD

Yes you can! Congratulations on your quit!

Den1745

Thanks for the advise and support

Den1745

Yes, I know we can do this!

tjanddj

Welcome and congratulations on starting this great journey!