cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

LG2003LG

Today is my quit day. Haven't smoked but for some reason I'm having anxiety today

I'm thinking I might have to go on the patch. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at this point. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If the patch will help you be successful then it's worth a try! 

What have you prepared in your quit kit to be successful today?

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

@LG2003LG Glad to stayed around leading up to your quit.  I hope you read the material suggested.  Knowledge and preparation have made the difference for many of us quitters.

It's normal to feel anxious.  Eliminating nicotine and a multitude of chemicals from your body is going to cause a reaction, physical and emotional.   Remember, we've smoked our way through every emotion and activity in our lives, good or bad.   If you focus on one day at a time, it will help to alleviate the anxiety.

Nothing wrong with using a quit aid.   Many of us have.  I celebrated 5 years today and used Welbutrin and nicotrol inhalers.  I have no regrets.   

It's ok to take some time to decide what will work best for you.   Here are some posts from the experts at the Mayo Clinic that you may find helpful.

To NRT or Not to NRT – That is the Question - EX Community

Trying to decide on a short-acting nicotine replac... - EX Community

Better Than Turkey: Using NRT to Manage Cravings - EX Community

Don't forget about the Daily Pledge.   It's a great way to be accountable to yourself and support your fellow quitters.

We're here for you and want you to succeed, reach out anytime we an help.

Stay close!

Barbg

0 Kudos