cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Megs08

Rage

Oh, the rage. Driving is the worst. I am the angriest driver on the planet. I don't know where it comes from. The person directly in front of, or behind me is the target, for no reason. I am not a confrontational person by nature. I've always been very easy going. I have tried to make conscious efforts to stop. Before I turn the car on I set the intention that I am going to be kind, I am going to be patient, I am going to be safe, but it hasn't failed that not even 2 minutes into any trip I become infuriated at the people around me, whether there is a reason to or not. I need this to stop. I am trying essential oils in the car, as I find they help around the house. I guess what I am hoping for are tips and tricks from anyone who has experienced this with their own quit. I want to be a kind human being. I want to make life easier for those around me. To build folks up. Not to be a negative moment in the day for anyone, including myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have never been so enraged. #roadrage‌  #rage

0 Kudos
49 Replies
Gma_Bernie

nobody could make boiled cabbage like my mother. Me I never learned the trick. But I have been trying to eat better. It's just that when you're depressed it's very hard to make yourself eat something that's that does not look good. thank you Karen.

0 Kudos

add something bright to it like carrots?

0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

Bernie,    I am so sorry you are going through this....But I do believe you when you say sometimes you feel worse when you quit, as I have often also felt this way too!  I keep pushing on though, because I can't bear the thought of slowing down!   Last year when I was smoking, I could ride my bike WITHOUT an inhaler, I quit in September and I couldn't ride without becoming winded much easier, How does that work?  Ugh!  This year the humidity has taken it's toll on me, and I just simply can't breath well in it!   One would think  you would feel better as soon as you quit, but for some, it's a real nightmare!  Glad you won't smoke over it though!  I won't either!  I will be praying for easier times for you!   I think learning some meditation would be good, I have found a lot of comfort with it!  

0 Kudos
Gma_Bernie

Thanks Sandy. And I do use meditation. Tune in drop out. It's just really

sad when you realize that all of your problems were not due to smoking.

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018, 9:40 AM Sandy-9-17-17 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

Sandy-9-17-17

I would have to agree with you on that Gma_Bernie‌  and I'm glad you use the meditation......now....how about YOGA! ?  I'm about to try some myself soon!  Not sure I'll be good at it given my age, but I'm gonna try anything for relaxation!  I use to be more full of rage, but it is subsiding for me as I get older and just don't give a darn anymore!    Imagine if you weren't doing any meditating and what you might be like?    I can say, I understand rage, way too well, and hope never to experience that side of me ever again!   

0 Kudos
Gma_Bernie

Sandy,

Good luck with that yoga. I did yoga after I quit until my knees and my

right wrist got so bad that I couldn't do it anymore. They do have chair

yoga which is easier. I might have to give in and just do that. Had surgery

on my wrist so it'll be awhile before I can do yoga regular again. And my

knees are pretty well shot. But thanks for the suggestion.

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018, 12:17 PM Sandy-9-17-17 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

YoungAtHeart

You can find chair yoga sequences on YouTube.....Chair Yoga - Yoga For Seniors | Yoga With Adriene - YouTube.  This one was recommended to me.

I swore I would NEVER do this because I so enjoyed practicing the whole shebang - but can't do it now and am going to start this today, myself.

Gma_Bernie

Okay. You're on. Let's both try it. I'll be at in Phoenix by 5:30 p.m.

their time tonight. Going to help my brother sell his car and find a place

to live. He's 75, deaf and has dementia. I don't know what we can

accomplish in 4 days but we're going to try, my sister and I.

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018, 12:41 PM Youngatheart.7.4.12 <

Megs08

Could you get something cold to wrap/sit on the back of your neck when you drive. A cold cloth

It might change your perspective and help keep you cool in more than the physical sense.

You could keep a couple in one of those small 6 pack coolers with a couple of ice blocks so you could change them out.

You just want it cool enough to notice not super cold.

shashort

Oh Bernie Gma_Bernie  so sorry to hear your rage and my heart breaks for you. I agree with Nancy please talk to your doctor and get some help feeling better about yourself.   Sending prayers that you may find peace in your life.