cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

firefly1978

Quitting Vaping

So, I quit smoking cigarettes (15 year smoker at that point) using Chantix about 8 or 9 years ago. It went great for about a year until I relapsed. From then until about 3 years ago it was back and forth on and off cigarettes and struggling. I have been able to stay away from traditional cigarettes with vaping but now I am so hooked on the e-cigarette that, other than not smelling bad, it seems just as bad as regular cigarettes (Spoiler; it is still the same nicotine addition). I am constantly sneaking puffs, hiding it from family and friends, and realizing that I really need to get unhooked from this nicotine monster for my physical and mental health. My plan is to quit on September 1st. Over the next couple of weeks I am going to try and vape less by breaking some of my habit smoke spots (for example, no sneaking puffs in the bathroom anymore is the first one). I'm considering using a patch or gum/logenzes to slowly lower my nicotine levels once I stop the device use until my final quit date. I've never used the patch or gum before. I will beat this dang nicotine monster once and for all!

Any encouragement or tips are appreciated!

Labels (1)
24 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Hi JM, I believe you can quit smoking if you make quitting smoking your number one priority and make up your mind that you can.  Relearning your thinking that you do not have to smoke is a good beginning.  No matter what make a commitment never ever take another puff.  So you are two weeks away from your quit date.  This would  be a good time to educate yourself about nicotine addiction. Education is the key to successfully quit. Read, Study, Blog, and be willing to do the work.  With the help of the to EX Community you can have a forever quit.  Start by educating yourself about the addiction to nicotine. Know the LAW!  If you Go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and review the videos and learn more about what your triggers and how to prepare when the urge hits. Replace cigarettes with the word vape.  Addiction is addiciton. no matter what the source. I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info that was very helpful to me is  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home.  To get help on navigating the site go to. Community Help‌  I believe you can quit smoking if you make quitting smoking your number one priority. NOPE.  Take smoking off the table as an option and do something different. 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke SINAO smoking is not an option.  That is NOPE concept Not one puff ever. We have to be willing to do the work. It is not by will power but your willingness to do this.   Quitting is the easy part.  Staying quit takes work.   Learning to protect your quit will keep on your journey forever freedom. This journey is one day at a time.  Never give up, never give in. Hang tough Stay Close. Bookend your days here.  This seems like a lot but it is a beginning to a forever quit. 

maryfreecig

I hear you about deciding once and for all, but quitting is best done one day at a time. You are strong in your desire--a great way to begin. Ex is here for you everyday. 

Barbscloud

Welcome again.  You're the person inquiring about hypnosis.  I responded  to your other post and will still be here to support you.

Barb

jmbateman69

Thank you so much Jackie! I'm gonna start with reading up on addiction. Thank you all so much for the feed back and resources!!

0 Kudos
jmbateman69

Thank you Barbscloud‌! I appreciate the support!!

0 Kudos