Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lois2

Quitters in Their 50's

Still smoke free, we have a strong quit going on,
Tags (1)
1,125 Replies
lois2

6 mos wow Susan,  hi Marie, had a ruff day in the lunch room to day, day 7 on chantix  and did not quit to day oh but i will.

0 Kudos
lois2

Hi M arie and Susan, hang in there, hugs

0 Kudos
Susan57

Yep, I am the only one on this site, it is mine, all mine.

I am into the 7th month of no nicotine and it does feel good. The weight is what I am battling now, this is much easier than the smoking, about 12 to 15 pounds that does not want to leave. That I do not want to go through ever again, I stopped 'cold turkey', boy was I nasty! My husband will attest to that 🙂 I think if you stop 'cold turkey' you will respect your quit, never forget what you went through, and will never smoke again no matter how tough things get around you.  

If you are afraid of the ' cravings', do not, because they are not as bad as some make it out to be. This is what I did not want if I did stop and it turns out there are not many, maybe 1 or 2 a day and they go very quickly and perhaps as time draws on there will be less. I smoked for 45 years, give or take a few years, I am bound to have a craving here and there, right? Lois, as some point you may go through the 'cold turkey' while on Chantix.

Please visit whyquit.com for further information on quitting, it is very interesting as to what and why this and that happens. When I quit it was very bad and this lasted about a good month, others do not have the same experience and it is good to have an idea of what to expect. Good luck and much success on your quit. God Bless.

Cheers, Susan

0 Kudos
krissy6

Hi, I joined about a year ago and did well for 6 months and then my husband who has COPD had two exacerbations and ended up in the hospital on a respirator.  Stupid, but I was stressed and started smoking again!!  So here I am, 6 months later and still smoking.  My quit date, according to Become an Ex, is April 15th but I would like to quit earlier if possible.  I quit cold turkey last time and it was very easy with the help of "Why Quit" website however, I think I will try the patch this time, at least for a week or two.

0 Kudos
lois2

Thank you so much Susan, you are doing so good, stay smoke free, Hi Marie .

0 Kudos
lois2

good luck on you quit Krissy, we can quit again,                    lois

0 Kudos
marie23

I too must start again with my quit. I let a combination of bad situations trick myself into smoking again. I know I will stop very soon. I did it once I will do it again. I will finshish this pack and get back on track. In every life some rain must fall. I know and I will rememeber all I have to be grateful for. Right now I just want to stop this silent scream in my head that say Enough!!!!!! I will pray for strength for us all. THIS TO SHALL PASS AND BETTER DAYS ARE SURE TO COME. AMEN

0 Kudos
Susan57

Waiting for Maire and Lois to get aboard the wagon with us, we are patient. God Bless, Cheers, Susan

0 Kudos
marie23

HI Susan, Bless your heart. Do you find it ironic that yesterday in got in my accident while I was leaving the store after buying smokes? I am in better spirits today 2 smokes left in this pack. I will get back on track putting one foot in front of the other and move forward. I want to be a happy healthy cheerful woman not stressed and crazy doing unhealthful things. Made a big comfort food dinner last night. Prayed for Gods help and I am putting my focus on what is right in my world and counting my blessing. Thanks for being there for me. As of noon today I will eat sunflower seeds and drink lots of water five my grandbabies lots of big hugs and be nice smelling Grandma not a stinky old thing. Thanks for believing in me. I know I can do this just need to foucus on the positve and not be silly and risk my health. Thanks for saving my place.   Cheers to you  Marie

0 Kudos
lois2

here Marie my hand lets do this quit again,  almost 24hrs. for me, i want to be strong and stay quit. thank you Susan, i am back on the wagon. BIG HUGS. Krissy hang in there

0 Kudos