cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
tana

Ms. Sandi, I can not tell you things from experience but I have been told that when you do want that cig. and you are trying to quit and lose weight at the same time, just grad an apple, an orange, or anything that is healthy for you because you can't gain weight by eating fruits and plain vegetable that you haven't added anything to. As for losing the weight, you go girl! You can do both of them at the same time, just keep the motivation for both of them going and you will be just fine, plus you do have a lot of support in this group of non-quitters or was that want to quit but no matter how hard they try, just can't get it right. Like me!
0 Kudos
tana

Dang girl, you have your mind so set on doin gthis and it's so great to see that. I just wish that I had that kind of motivation like you do. I think about quitting, do for a day or two and then I make up an excuse to pick it back up again. I just wish that I had your will power during this trying time but I'm still goin to get giving it a try because smoking is starting to kill me.
0 Kudos
teresa15

Sandi. Worrying about weight gain might just be a plus. Instead of having a smoke do some jumping jacks, hand weights, or anything, one for every puff. Whatever it takes. I am in day two of my quit, and I know I was always so used to smoking after I ate that eating is not something I want to do to much of right now. Even sometimes after a piece of candy, I would think OK time for a smoke. That really cut down the need for substitutes. But exercise......Your killing two birds with one stone.
0 Kudos
katheen

Just wanted to welcome Ashela, and as far as losing weight I don't think that you can do it not both at the same time or so I've been told that you need to worry about smoking first and then the weight will come off after a while.

LOL Kathleen
0 Kudos
cory7

hi Ashlea,
  i just read your comment. YOU can do this. i quit 18 days ago. here's a couple of thoughts...i am using the patch too. i'm on the second step now. it has helped me to initially get off the habit of the holding, lighting, smoking part. i also chew nicorette gum when i get a bad craving. i don't think i could have quit without them. however, i will need to cut those out eventually. you mentioned about going back to work. the first time i drove my car, the first day after work, and other "firsts" were hard for me. someone here told me that "firsts" are triggers, because that's when we lit up. be prepared with mints, gum, anything, to wait out the urge. deep breathing several times really helps.
  and about the weight... everyone is different. some people eat so that's why they gain weight. i'm counting calories now so i haven't gained any weight. have a supply of good nutritious snacks and drink lots of water. i hope some of this helps you. you have support here. keep coming back.
0 Kudos
katti

Hi I joined the group today I am on my second day with the patch
  this is about the 5th try, doing something different this time I joined the Y with the money I am saving I also eatting healthy snacks, sugar-free gum and mints
  and brush my teeth all the time when I get home from work. I work with the public I can smell cigarrettes on people it smells discusting. Ohio is going to raise the tax again on cigarrettes did me in. I control my life not cigarrettes!!!
0 Kudos
linda53

good morning katti and welcome this is my 7th quit but its been almost 3 weeks still have to watch for those little triggers there not as big as they weere have a stressfree peaceful smokefree day peace and love
0 Kudos
grace3

GO TO IBSEXXY.COM
IBSEXXY.COM
  Hey... another great day to be smoke free. Breathe and be free...
0 Kudos
katheen

Welcome Katti, The gum really helps me out whenever I get a really bad craving are the times whenever I eat something and that is when the gum is helpfull for me. I just got my 14 days in and I cannot believe it because I've never quit for this long before. I'm here if you need to talk to someone and I can at least listen if nothing else. I have some health problems with that because I smoked for too many years and now I have to deal with that part of it.

LOL Kathleen
0 Kudos
teresa15

Day Three and Still Smoke Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos