cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
edith2

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday!
0 Kudos
teresa9

Hi new friends. I cant even tell you how much time I spent on here just reading and reading. Like many others I have tried to quit many times Sometimes for as long as 5 years, then that to stressfull, I'll just smoke one or two, you wont have a problem voice creeps back into my head. It is truly amazing how many excuses can creep through my head. Some of them sound so convincing?? Right? But then I start pushing them out, of course after buying into them for a few minutes and tell myself to wait and eventually they stop for awhile. Mike: good luck on your quit date! I found the first days to be fairly easy.
0 Kudos
jan__tx

this is my fourth day and it's harder!!!!! Thank goodness I don't have any cigs here at home! The nicodemons would be lighting them for me - lol!
0 Kudos
michele2

WAY TO GO JAN ON 4 DAYS!!!!!!!!! It's going to get easier...not easy...but easier. You can do this.
0 Kudos
chris-hollis

Good job on FOUR days Jan! I'm only one day ahead of you and today was easier than yesterday despite having a daughter melt down and having to drive three hours to give motherly comfort. 🙂 I really only wanted a smoke after we got home and I started to relax tonight and then it wasn't bad. Hang in there....it will get better.
0 Kudos
sue-otts

Good Morning everyone! I'm babysitting my niece today, so I know that I will have lots of distractions from the nic monster. LOL Have a GREAT WEEKEND everyone!
0 Kudos
edith2

Good Morning Everyone. Happy Saturday! I drove last night and I'm trying really hard to get caught up with things. I might even drive Sunday night, but I hope not.
0 Kudos
chris-hollis

Hope it was a good smokefree day for everyone. Nearly six days! Yahoo!!
0 Kudos
corina2

I've made it ONE MONTH! I've beat the cravings through 60 hour work weeks, night classes, my car breaking down (that was pretty amazing to me because I didn't even THINK about having a cigarette until I realized the next day that I didn't.), the news that a bf's husband was diagnosed with lung cancer, bleeding ulcers, and to top it all off, the man I thought I loved, isn't the man I thought he was, and we broke up last week. I'm glad I can't see into the future because if I knew what this last month was going to be like, I would NOT have quit smoking. But since I did, and I've worked this hard at it, I can't allow myself to even think about smoking again. I still haven't rewarded myself and don't know what to do. I've been so stressed, and sad, that I don't know what I can do that doesn't cost a ton, or take up too much time, or what I even want. Any suggestions? What do you do to reward yourself?
0 Kudos
michele2

WAY TO GO CORINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT"S AWESOME! And I'm sorry to hear how hard life has been for you . Keep your head up and keep on going.
0 Kudos