cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
teresa9

Doing mych better today. You all help SOOOO much!!!!!
0 Kudos
sue-otts

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie, today is my second day at being a non-smoker! This group has definately helped me to not smoke today! Thanks and have a GREAT Day!
0 Kudos
kim28

I AM NEW TO THIS SITE I QUIT YESTERDAY I HAVENT HAD A CIGGARETTE SINCE AND IM DOING OK BUT I STILL CATCH MYSELF WANTING ONE AND LOOKING FOR THEM LOL I DONT KNOW WHAT WILL MAKE THIS BETTER
0 Kudos
katheen

Good moring this is God, I will be handling all of your problems today. I will not need your help so relax and have a great day!
0 Kudos
chris-hollis

Good morning all! Welcome Kim. What will make this better? TIME. Give yourself the time needed to get the drug out of your system. It takes a good three days, sometimes a little more. Then there's the psychological stuff - the looking for them when the phone rings - that takes longer but it isn't going to kill any of us! 🙂

I'm starting on my fifth day and I already feel much, much better. You can do this and so can I. It's priority ONE for me today!
0 Kudos
andrew3

It is hard at first, and you are going to feel like I am not going to make it to 7 days let alone 1 year. Well I am on day 9 not one year, but I have noticed the days have returned to their normal time schedule. No longer does it feel like they are 48 hours long lol. We all can do this Have fun, and just go with the flow!
0 Kudos
sue-otts

Good Morning everyone! TGIF This weekend is my first without smoking but since today is day 3 I know I can handle it. If not I will be on here screaming for HELP!!!!
  Have a good day everyone!
0 Kudos
Sandra3

Good Morning and welcome to all the new folks I didn't say welcome to before now:-) Just wanted to let you know that you should believe all the things you read here, it does get better and yes it seems that there is always someone on the website nite and day that wants to help you through a rough moment. Good Luck to everyone!
0 Kudos
michele2

Good morning everyone. And welcome to all you just joining. I wanted to tell you that a "non smoking" lifestyle" is achievable. I am on day 31 and let me tell you there is no magic pill that is going to make you stop or want to stop (OK and after I wrote that, let me say that I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PRESCRIPTION medication) YOU CAN DO THIS! I quit after smoking off and on for 12 years, I was up to a little over a 1/2 pack a day. With 5 kids (YES I SAID 5) I didn't think I would be able to quit with all the stress...But you know what...I did. I took it one hour (sometimes 1 minute) at a time. When I felt weak and couldn't hold out anymore, I came on here. There is so much useful information on here and SO MANY people willing to help you. I haven't been on here as much as I would like to the past 2 weeks, but I am hoping that is going to change next week...but it any of you just need to talk vent scream yell whatever helps you not smoke look me up or some one else on here. Have a great smoke free day!
0 Kudos
mike49

Good Morning All, TGIF i'm approcing my quit date .. life has thrown me some curve balls already.. have not been doing very well with seperating my triggers. but i'm still going to do it. just wanted to stop by and say hello.. and greetings to all the new members. and those still here.
0 Kudos