cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
corina2

Good evening! For those of you getting ready to quit, or just quit. This is a great website! This is actually only the third time I've written anything, just did a LOT of reading blogs. I had set a "quit date" but quit a week earlier because I was psyched and didn't want to lose the momentum. Tomorrow night, it will be THREE weeks!!! The longest I've quit in almost 20 years! My house now SMELLS clean, all my laundry has been now washed free of smoke, my car smells fresh, and what REALLY hit me today was when smoking co-workers walked by me after their cigarette break....... it was gross! I don't mean THEY are gross, but instead of the smoke reminding me what I miss, it reminded of what I hated the most about smoking... the SMELL. (Following closely by tight chest and hacking.) It does seem a little strange, but after reading hundreds of blogs it makes sense. After the first couple of days hacking, I hardly coughed these last two weeks, but I seem to be coughing more the last couple of days. I think my body is finally trying to get that last store of crud out. It still feels so much better! I easily work around 60 hours a week, and this week I started night courses to boot. Today I took four flight of stairs to my class instead of the elevator. Not one single wheeze. WHOO HOOOOOOOOO! I think that's what feels like the most significant moment in my quit to date. AMAZING........... Stick to it, and start amazing yourselves!!!!
0 Kudos
corina2

BTW Michele....... FIVE kids? Hokey Smoke girl, you should have medal! or a straight jacket! AND you are staying smoke free!!!! I'm impressed. I've never even had one child ....... never had enough room in my closet to keep them, and I wasn't about to move my shoes!!!!!! My goldfish stressed me enough to make me smoke..... FIVE kids??????? LOL LOL

You are amazing! (or is there another term I should be considering?)
0 Kudos
michele2

Well thank you very much Corina. I think there would be a better word than amazing...I think insane fits:) I am having to relearn often how to control my stress and try not to take it out on the kids.
0 Kudos
angela6

Good Morning Everyone! It's FRIDAY!!!! WHOOOOO HOOOOOO I can't believe I have almost got a whole month of no smoking under my belt. It feels GRRRRRRREAT!!!
0 Kudos
michele2

Way to go Angela! I'm almost there myself! WOW, I have never gotten this far into a quit without being pregnant..OMG! God wouldn't do that to me would he 😮
0 Kudos
edith2

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
0 Kudos
edith2

It's Friday!
0 Kudos
mike49

Good Morning All.. its friday.. whoo hooo..
0 Kudos
andrew3

Good morning. It is a beautiful day!! Lets go out there and kick some ass!
0 Kudos
nicole

he does that frequently like the one for the website...was there for a few hours then gone
0 Kudos