cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
michele2

WOOOOHOOOOOO NAPPER!!!! 2 Awesome smoke free weeks under your belt!
0 Kudos
angela6

Welcome Jason! Such a cute pic! Anyway, welcome and congradulations on quitting. What is your quit date and plan if you don't mind me asking? Everyone here is GREAT (LUV YA GUYS) and so supportive. Don't know how I would have gotten thru some days without them.

Napper - that is great! My two wks felt like a hugh leap in the right direction, like I really accomplished something. GO GIRL!

Okay, so I'm getting close to the 30 day mark and have felt really good about most of my quit. However, this morning its like a light flicked on in my brain. Myself was saying "Self, why don't you bum a cigarette off Tammy today, you'll be able to smoke just one and be okay with it. Just one, just to see how you do, its okay DO IT!" I had to focus on something else while driving into work this morning to stop my thoughts. Its crazy to be this long without a smoke and to have my brain controlling my thoughts. Whats up with that? Anyway, at lunch today I took myself to Target and bought the 2nd book in the Twilight series so I wouldn't think about it at lunch. I'm making those books my new addiction.
0 Kudos
michele2

Angela~ Don't cave in to that voice...mine was shouting that all night last night. And I had to keep telling it that it was only in my memory that a smoke would be as good that good, in reality it would be SO nasty!

LOVE THE TWILIGHT SERIES!!!! So good. I also liked her other book The Host. Not related to the series.
0 Kudos
michele2

I got it. Ruffle away...he is asking for it.
0 Kudos
angela6

LOL, my name is Angela. I work with Tammy and she is a smoker. LOL
0 Kudos
angela6

Pam, I think just about everyone on here has tried ruffling the feather but didn't get any results. I think the most of us just decided to ignore him, seems to be working somewhat, hasn't been near as much drama the past few days, or am I imaging it? LOL Good to hear from you Pam. We've missed you around here.
0 Kudos
angela6

Ooooo girl, I am.
0 Kudos
michele2

I thought you might be leaving too.....

And I know this sounds really bad, but since I quit smoking, I am not as nice as I used to be, so I will just say it. When all that drama was going on the main page....I hardly thought about having a cigarette...so sorry if people's feelings got hurt, but thank you for not making me want to smoke 🙂
0 Kudos
angela6

Okay girls, I'm fixing to log off for the night. Got to go home
0 Kudos
michele2

Well I am logging off because all this drama is too much for me LOL... You all have a good night. I still have too much to do and not enough time!
0 Kudos