cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
edith2

You are so welcome here Cindyd! This group focuses on compassion, love, and support. I quit after 35 years of smoking and I believe you can quit too!
  Hugs, Edith
0 Kudos
liz7

I keep telling myself, "This is your last pack" but then when the pack is done and those cravings kick in, I cave. I feel awful for not having the willpower to actually do it. It's so hard to quit when most of the people I know smoke. I hate making excuses. I've made a small step to quitting which is probably pointless but I switched from 100's to regulars. Now the next step is to cut down on cigs per day. Wish me luck!
0 Kudos
ed_

Yes I can! That will become one of my mantras Edith. I got the prescription for Chantrix today. Through the simple idea of THINKING about the smoke I'm about to light up I've been able to cut back from a pack + per day to <1/2 pack. I am sooooo looking forward to not laying awake at night and worrying about cancer, emphy(whatever), copd, getting my throat/jaw cut out.....nice thoughts to put behind me, huh?
  Gimme fresh air, clean smelling hands and clothes!
0 Kudos
dedebum

OK, OK, I'm here where are you? How is it going? I'm still smoke free and enjoying it. Until I read Ed's post I had not thought about the smell of my hands. Now I'm sitting here smelling my fingers lol. They smell like lotion. I'm really enjoying this.
0 Kudos
cindyd

wow talk about the smell, my son came into the house was really cold here today which intensifies the smell even more, but whew! i could really tell he smokes had never noticed before
0 Kudos
dedebum

Hang in there Liz. I knew I could never do it cold turkey, but I respect those that can. My doctor jumped for joy when I asked for a prescription. He prescribed Bupropion (a generic for Wellbutrin). I started taking those before my quit day (which was the third quit day I had set lol) and on my quit day I started with the patch. This is my 20th day and I have finally stopped with the pills and am just using the patch and I feel fine. I'm not having any cravings.

Just hang in there and come here as often as you can. Between Brenda, Julie and Edith you will get all of the support you need. YOU CAN DO IT....YES YOU CAN. Good Luck.
0 Kudos
dedebum

Hey Brenda...I see you are still behind me lol. Good for you. I come into this room all the time. I just read the blogs and don't participate in the discussions. I guess I need to be more social. Sorry. Keep up the good work all.
0 Kudos
ed_

Lack of commitment unlocks the trigger guard ( we call it "reservations" in another place).....I pray that I stay commited and hold on to "I hate smoking!".
0 Kudos
kathy-dunyon

Congradulations to all my fellow quiters! It's another beautiful day in Quitsville! Isn't it great to wake up being able to breath without all the coughing? Keep up the good work all!
0 Kudos
dedebum

Hello everyone

have a wonderful smoke free day!!!!
0 Kudos