cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
edith2

The greatest gifts we can share with others is our experience, strength, and hope. There is great power in accomplishing our goals when we work at it together.
0 Kudos
dedebum

Thank you Julie...Sometimes it's like watching grass grow but I'm still happy with the results. Good Luck to you
0 Kudos
ctm

Hi Brenda. It is normal to have ups and downs when you quit. I use the analogy of a roller coaster. The ride will smooth out for you over time, but you always have to keep your guard up. At day 21, I am not surprised that you are having these kinds of feelings. Just do the hour (or minute) at a time thing until it passes. Know that it will pass and get better for you again.
0 Kudos
ctm

Good for you Brenda!!! That's the spirit. Additionally, after 3 weeks, a cigarette would taste horrible as well!!! Eating is a much better option!!!
0 Kudos
kathy-dunyon

Oh well, better to eat something yummy then kill yourself with cancer sticks! When I get those urges I pop a Halls Breezers and suck on that until the urge passes, it works well for me. Good job on remaining smoke free!
0 Kudos
ctm

What does Atkins know about quitting smoking??? Nothing, I'll bet!!!

Frozen yogurt in a waffle cone? That sounds soooo good...

Only Californians think that way this time of year!!! All our back east buddies are FREEZING right now!!!!
0 Kudos
dedebum

Happy smoke-free day all. True of us Californians...the weather was so nice yesterday, I had to get Marble Slab's Banana Foster in a waffle cone. It satisfied cravings I didn't even have yet lol. Keep up the good work everyone.
0 Kudos
mrs.-x

Hey all! New to the group but a few different people told me it was a good one... Tony, last time I quit (for 6 months), I remember thinking that the cravings would never go away but believe it or not, they do... unfortunately I fell into the trap of thinking that just one cigarette while drinking won't turn into a pack so that may be something that I'll always have to be careful of but the cravings will get easier... day by day is the way to go and then one day you'll realize that you haven't craved a cigarette in a few days / weeks / months!!! I'm actually going to a X-mas party this Thursday and Friday and am worried about the alcohol and "just one cigarette..." just wondering if there's anything that helps people through that without giving up the cocktails entirely...
0 Kudos
kathy-dunyon

Donna, You go girl! Believe me, the quit is worth the journey! Keep up the good work!
0 Kudos
sheryl

is this a blog? or a discussion group? i'm sorry, am i confused?
0 Kudos