Give and get support around quitting

babydoll2

Non-Smoking Supporters

i would like help to guit

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
33 Replies
brenda61

It's April Fool's day.  I am on Day 6 quit cold turkey march 27, no joking.  Its a battle but Im a stubborn soldier. 

0 Kudos
sandi2s

Hello.  My name is Sandi, and I just joined this program today... as well as this support group.  I've tried every stop smoking 'tool' I could find, and did quit for three months last year using Chantix.  Wellbutrin didn't work for me, and I developed depression with Chantix.  So... it's going to be cold turkey this time.  My quit date is April 21.

Stress is my big problem, and I'm working on ways to handle stress for the next two weeks.

Any support will be a big help.

0 Kudos
ksw08

Hi, I'm 19 and my quite day is May 16. 8 days after my 20th birthday. I have smoked for almost four years now and I want to quit! I want to be able to chase after my child better without having such a hard time breathing, and I want to be healthier for my family. The thing is I lost a lot of my friends so I dont have a lot of people to support me.

Can I join this group?

0 Kudos

hey, im josh just started here and i could use all the friends and support i can get all help is welcome

0 Kudos
vicky15

I  stopped smoking just about one month ago.  Have slipped a few times and felt awful that I could be so weak.  This is the hardest thing I have ever tried to do.  Enjoy reading all your comments, about your struggles and   your successes.  Hope you don't mind me signing on with the group.

0 Kudos
vicky15

I  stopped smoking just about one month ago.  Have slipped a few times and felt awful that I could be so weak.  This is the hardest thing I have ever tried to do.  Enjoy reading all your comments, about your struggles and   your successes.  Hope you don't mind me signing on with the group.

0 Kudos
josegirl

I am older but I sure could use some support and would  be happy to cheer anyone on that has quit and trying to stay quit.

I would be happy to join this group also if I may.

JOSEGIRL

0 Kudos
mosey

I'm new here and I need any members to offer support me in my upcoming quit date, May 2nd. I have recently started nearly chain smoking, especially since my Mom, who lives 1999 miles away, is having serious physical and severe emotional problems.

I need support like you do Brenda. Please help me!

Maureen 

0 Kudos
butterfly17

Hi everyone,

How are you guys doing? This is an awesome site. Today is my 1st time viewing this site.  I think this is going to help me. I'm 36  a housewife, & a mother of 3 middle school girls, in Houston.  My quit date was Tuesday April 27th, Today is my 7th day of a smoke free life. That's so wonderful to say, I really hope this is the last time that I need to quit. I feel this could be the time for me. With good support is all I truly need.  I'll be here for anyone that I could help, & hopefully I could get support in return from one or more of you. Thanks!

Butterfly 

0 Kudos
butterfly17

Hi Maureen, & Brenda

How are you ladies doing? This time around has been the hardest for me to quit, Yes I've tried about 4 or 5 times in the past 20 yrs.. I'm a 36 yrs old housewife, & mother of 3 girls. They all want me to live long and continue to take care of them. I'm just so happy that I don't smell like an ashtray, & I can take a deep breath without coughing up a storm. My name is Cindy, I'm from Houston, & this is my 7th smoke free day on the patches. I need lots of understanding support.

Good Luck!

Butterfly 

0 Kudos