Give and get support around quitting

babydoll2

Non-Smoking Supporters

i would like help to guit

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
33 Replies
airmanbiker

I truly believe I have a grip on staying smoke free.  Like I've said before, the longer I stay smoke free the more determined to stay that way.

0 Kudos
airmanbiker

It's been 46 days my wife and I quit smoking.  It is getting easier as far as the cravings go.  When I use to smoke I enjoyed every part to do with smoking.  When I quit, I wasn't convenced I wanted to.  After about a week being smoke free, I got this desire to not smoke and I began to adjust my life to that of a non-smoker.  Time to time I want to light up but I remind myself of how long I have gone without cigarettes and my will power takes over, and I get past the desire to smoke.  We have made it this far and we are determined to stay smoke free.

0 Kudos
felecia2

albert it dosent  matter what age you are its very hard to quit smoking.how long have you been smoking?

0 Kudos
sfaoro

I agree with felecia, you ought to be looking for anyone to support your quit.  In fact you'll probably pick up some even stronger reenforcement from older folks.... it's called life experience.

Good luck

0 Kudos
jennifer5366

I am 42. Have been smoking for thirty years. Quit date is Friday 03/26/10. I will take all the support I can get - whatever age!

0 Kudos
airmanbiker

I t has been three monrhs since my wife and I quit smoking.  It was a little rough for me in the beginning, but my wife seem to not have much problem putting cigatettes down.  Even thought it was a struggle, at times, for me to not smoke, even though I am using the patch and lozengens, I would get the craving to light up.  When I use to smoke, I enjoyed every part that comes with smoking.  After quitting I didn't realise how automatic my smoking had become.  I would catch myself reaching for my cigarettes even though I didn't any on me.  I was almost like a reflex that I would do without thinking about it.  As I began my snmoking ceassation, I learned what most of the triggers that made me light up were and how to re-channel my thoughts on to something else.  I noticed the craving to light up didn't last long and I relied on my will power to get through the desire to smoke.  I started smoking when I was thirteen, I am now fifty six.  That is why I chose to use the patches so I could stand a better chance at quitting.  I'm doing all fo this under a doctor's care and he had told me I am doing good at remaining smoke free.  I have already stepped down on the amount the patches put into my system. I'm on step two with the patches and only use three to four lozengens a day.  Eventually I will be off all of it and hopefully remain smoke free.

0 Kudos
vernie

i am a bit older but i will support you

0 Kudos
brenda61

help i need support

0 Kudos
karinlg

This is the first time I've ever been on this site but I joined it right away. There are a few good groups to join on this site, but I liked this one because I know I'm going to have a pretty hard time with this and the fact that I have no one to talk to or to support/encourage me will make it almost impossible. Can I join this group? I'm a bit older than 23 but I'm a good listener, a good cheerleader and I'll support anyone who wants to better themselves, especially by quitting smoking. So, I'll be here for all of you and I've got a bit of life experience under my belt as well:)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
kimhunt

I am looking for sapport to. I would also like to help others. The more sapport we have and give the better we will do. My name is kimberly. Im 32 I have been smoking for 19 years and my quit date is april 13. Hope i can quit this time.

0 Kudos