cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy5

New here....

Here I am trying yet again to quit... I used chantix last year to quit and was doing really well, till my husband who is also a smoker and was on the chantix stopped taking his without my knowledge and started coming home from work with cigarette smoke on his mustache.... Then I had a really stressful day and he suggested I have just one.... You know the rest... It's kinda like potato chips after over 20 years you can't have just one... So here I am again, re-starting the chantix...the last time I was smoking so little I stopped before I had been on it for 2 weeks...and it was a breeze. This time I went past the two week mark, I was cigarette free yesterday....and it seems harder. I think the chantix works better if you stop in the first 2 weeks, after that I think you have passed the mark. I am having cravings this time, but keep telling myself and my husband, it will pass...I also went out and got us some hard candy to suck on to try to get past the cravings. I really want it to stick this time! Any support would be very welcome!!! I am doing this for myself for health reasons as well as to show our children that I can be a good role model and that they need to stop smoking now before it's 20 years later!!!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
cindy5

Thanks so much for your suggestions...I totally appreciate it and congratulations for making it that far!!!
Cindy
0 Kudos
manofsteele

Super start ....

I have some suggestions for you to possibly help your smoke free journey....

In the Words of Wisdom group there are many great posts you can learn from in there. You might need the "Crave Kits can save Quits" post to help you with your cravings.

I also have a special group of people that pledge not to smoke everyday in the Daily Pledge Group. This helped me so much to stay smoke free and now I have over 50 months smoke free.

Need to blow off some steam ... try the Game Room Group where we try to make one another laugh through the stress of the day.

any way you do it ...I wish you success in your smoke free journey !

peace !
0 Kudos
cindy5

Thanks so much Karen!!! Believe me I totally agree...and since I am also trying to keep my husband and my 16 year old son smoke free at the same time, I plan on using everything I can find!!!
Cindy
0 Kudos