cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pookweencess

Need Help

HELP!  Day 82 why am I struggling so hard- I am exhausted and worn out from fighting this- illlis it ever going to stop

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Pookweencess 82 days quit is super...don’t give in now...keep close to the support site...encourage others on this journey, it will help you so much...also, ask for help and read daily...I think the advice above me is great...and we really want you to keep the quit...you need to want it too...Keep us posted...Gotcha on my mind ~ Colleen 313 DOF 

Giulia

I gave up two or was it 3? quits at the three month mark.  What a waste.  All that work down the drain.  More years of smoking.  Then the hideous gearing up for another Day One and all that agony.  You know what kept me quit this time?  The fact that I believed what people told me - that I would eventually GRRR, GET OVER IT, and the fact that I NEVER wanted to go through the process again.  They were right.  I did get over it.  And I never have gone through the process again.  And I never have to.  You won't have to either.  This can be your last time of "going through it."  But not if you smoke.    It's Gonna Be Okay 

Beautiful Inner Self Pink.jpg

maryfreecig

Focus on smobriety. Smobriety is about changing your thinking. Like everything else, you do it one day at a time. If you have not smoked in 81 days, then you do not ever have to smoke again. Stick with Ex--lots of success stories here from people just like you. Yes you can.

0 Kudos
elvan

I have tried to fight my way to freedom more than once but I got exhausted because that is all I did.  I thought about not smoking ALL the time, I felt like it was consuming me because it WAS.  I had many failed quits, this quit is over 5 1/2 years old and it is still growing.  I read everything, blogs, things that were recommended, comments on blogs...I LIVED on this site.  I came here first thing every morning and at the end of the day.  When I felt like I might lose it, I asked my husband for advice.  He is a recovering alcoholic and has been in recovery for over 34 years, he quit smoking five years after he quit drinking.  I asked him how to get through the constant thoughts.  He referred to it as "mental obsession" and he advised me to get down on my knees and ask God to remove the mental obsession.  He said I might have to do it more than once and that I HAD to get on my knees..  I will admit that I really didn't expect it to help but it did, I think I did it twice, I can't remember now but I can tell you that something changed and I felt a weight lift off me.  

Congratulations on your 82 days, that is wonderful.  Don't throw your quit away.

Ellen

jonimarie

Pookweencess so glad you reached out.

It is exhausting and  Days of ups and downs.

Some days it is down right hard to keep the self talk positive.

What keeps me quit is I honestly do not know if I have another quit left in me...so I hold tight to this one.

Believe that you are worth it and that the days of ups and downs do become by far more days of up.

pastedImage_3.png

Pookweencess

Thank you all so much I am grateful for all the support.  I walk at least 3 miles a day and still gained weight but I keep trying.  Today I went out and bought myself a journal hoping it might help to get my feelings out.  I KNOW I don’t want to smoke but I don’t want to feel like this anymore- feel trapped

jonimarie

I know the weight gain is worrisome. I put on 18 pounds and at 176 days now, my focus is still my quit and the weight gain is a focus for another time. Glad you got the journal. Just do not try to tackle too many things at one time. I know you can do this.

Pookweencess

The weight gain is depressing me but I am doing my best by walking everyday- not doing so well with food especially Dr Pepper- for some dumb reason Dr Pepper helps my cravings but not my waistline 

sweetplt

I am so happy you are trying something else Pookweencess and bought a journal...let us know how that is working out for you...I know you most likely helped someone else with your idea...Gotcha in my prayers ~ Colleen 313 DOF 

Pookweencess

Thank you for your prayers- it means a great deal to me

0 Kudos