cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ReallyReal

Need help

Jump to solution

Started off determined today.  Did a few things.  Now feeling like I just don't give a sh#t about being healthier because it is just too dang hard.  Feeling almost 100% that I don't care if I quit or not--it seems too hard.  --Raissa

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReallyReal

@Barbscloud  thank you. I read a blog that talked about how you have the quit inside of you--it was really good, about how if I choose to smoke I can't really put the blame on anyone or anything.  I choose NOT to smoke.

I never got around to reading the Carr book people talk about.  I think I am going to order it from Amazon right now.

Thank you so very much, Barb.  You really helped me and I am glad I reached out.

Gonna go search Amazon now.  I hope the rest of your day is wonderful.  Big hug--Raissa

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Barbscloud

@ReallyReal Sure this is hard.   One of the hardest things I've ever done in my life.  NO EXCUSES.   You are one of the most inspirational  newcomers on the site.   You know it's the addiction talking,  so don't let it win. You're the winner!!!!

Barb

MarilynH

Huge hug Raissa @ReallyReal and a huge hug to you Barb @Barbscloud 🤗

ReallyReal

Yeah, I guess they're just excuses.  I don't really care.  But I will wait awhile and say No to going on up to the store.  Thank you.  Feel like crap and keep thinking a smoke will take the edge off.

Barbscloud

@ReallyReal I get it.  Took me 50 years and many trips to the store for some smokes after brief quits.   And yes, a smoke will take the edge off, but only temporarily and then we're back to square one.  Stay here for now.  I'm here with you.

Barb

0 Kudos
ReallyReal

Thanks.  I guess I will try to find some old blogs to read.  Appreciate you, @Barbscloud 

Barbscloud

@ReallyReal Please don't leave if you're not OK.   This site saved me several times in my quit early on. We need each other to do this.

Barb

ReallyReal

@Barbscloud I won't leave.  Part of me doesn't want to smoke.  Dang, this thing is rough.  But now I am starting to feel the craving subside a bit.   My thinking was just defeatist again.  I was really ready to give up.    These dark moods are rough.  I am starting to feel a little less like going to the store.

Barbscloud

@ReallyReal I know it can be hard to believe early on, but these crappy times will pass.   There are  times in our journey when we doubt ourselves.  I'm so glad you reached out.  Just giving yourself time to refocus your  thinking is enough to get us back on track.

So proud of you.

Barb

ReallyReal

@Barbscloud  thank you. I read a blog that talked about how you have the quit inside of you--it was really good, about how if I choose to smoke I can't really put the blame on anyone or anything.  I choose NOT to smoke.

I never got around to reading the Carr book people talk about.  I think I am going to order it from Amazon right now.

Thank you so very much, Barb.  You really helped me and I am glad I reached out.

Gonna go search Amazon now.  I hope the rest of your day is wonderful.  Big hug--Raissa