cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Increased unwanted thoughts

Hello All.

I'm into my fourth day and am very glad, but I am unsettled by increased thoughts of smoking.  I'm using everything I can think of including staying close to this site.  I redirect my thoughts to good memories as well as envisioning my body healing and saying "thank you Michelle".  Any words of wisdom and suggestions are appreciated at this time.  I know I sound insane, but I'm glad we are having a snow storm.  It will help me to stay quit as I do not want to venture out in this, but I think that is not good thinking.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Michelle

33 Replies
elvan

LEAN on something...I used the bed so I could pull myself up.  The AA program has really helped me from the beginning, I was active in Alanon for a long time and I felt like it was the most amazing place filled with the most amazing people, they really pulled me through.  

0 Kudos
elvan

So proud of you and remember we are here for you to lean on as well...in the event that it becomes overwhelming, come to the site and blog, entitle your blog HELP.  Someone will see it and help you to get through.  There is NOTHING worth smoking over...NOTHING.  It won't do anything FOR you.

Ellen

MichelleDiane

Thanks Ellen.  I can't believe it is almost another day won.  After the car ride this morning I only had momentary thoughts of cigarettes.  I did find myself not really wanting any.  I'm not going to read into it.  I will look at it as a positive day in my journey.  Your support and encouragement are really helping.  Thank you.

Regards,

Michelle

elvan

You are SO WELCOME.  I cannot tell you how happy that makes me.  You are ROCKIN' this quit!  Keep going, one day at a time...WINNING!

Ellen

0 Kudos