cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

barrett

Hi...

Hi, I'm Barrett from Austin, Texas. I find that my problem is really flexible. I'll smoke anything. Menthols, regulars, 100's, shorts, and any brand no matter how cheap or gross they taste. Also, where I live, cigarettes are $5.00 a pack. It's very frustrating to know that I'll shell out any amount of money to contribute to my "slow motion suicide." Does anyone else have any of these problems and/or feel like this?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
julied

Oh heck yeah, I could smoke anything that came my way. When I was preparing to quit I was forcing myself to change brands every day, even that didn't bother me. I smoked the cheapest I could find and I didn't care how they tasted as long as I had that one smoke. I'd even smoke menthols and drink coffee....ewwww.

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks smoke free for me. I feel great not being a slave to cigarettes.
0 Kudos
sherri10

I always said that if they only made menthol cigarettes I wouldn't smoke, which is really just me lying to myself because I started on menthols! Salem 100's that I stole from my Mom's purse! I know how you feel. I think smoking butts was the worst! Nastiest tasting things ever! And about the money, I was a 3 pack a day smoker! That's a lot of damn money to spend everyday to kill myself! So far in 6 weeks I've saved myself over $500!!! That's a month of rent where I live! Damn!!!!

I'm in College Station, you're not one of those damn t-sips are you????? I bleed maroon!
0 Kudos