cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

denise13

Hi I am new

Hello All

Just joined become an ex... I am determined to quit this time. It has been 10 days but this morning I am really craving a cigarette..I won't buy a pack..at least thats what I tell myself.. I thought after the ist week it was supposed to get easier... everytime I want to smoke I remind myself of how much it upsets my 8 year old, how much it stinks, and how much I hate it.. I know its all in my mind at least it is today.. I am so happy I joined this support network.. it helps knowing that are people out there that are going through the same thing as me. ...as I sit here typing I actually feel a little better..yes the urge is there but I guess putting my feeling out there helps. I
0 Kudos
3 Replies
cindy25

Mental craves kick in bad for some folks in the second week. I have had a really tough time this week and I am now at 40 days!!!!! Everyone is different. For me, it was really important to figure out WHY I was thinking about smoking right then. Sometimes it is just as simple missing your "normal" routine! Routines are "routine" for a reason (lol) does that make sense??? It is a bit "upsetting" to change it all around. I am trying to add new positive things to my life that I want to make "routine". Although I like the new changes, it still doesn't feel normal or routine yet. I have to remind myself that I can feel uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean that I want to go back to being a smoker. My mantra is "stay the course"!
0 Kudos
denise13

Hi Cliff

Well I am very happy to say that I didn't give in to the craving 🙂 .. I just kept reminding myself of how horrible and disgusted with myself I feel when I smoke. I also reminded myself that it is normal for me to feel this way. Today I stoppped by a friends house. This friend smokes..whenever I visit this friend I used to have a drink (trigger) and light up...I am happy to say I did have a glass of wine..but when the smoking started I left.. I explained that I am no longer smoking and I couldn't handle being around the cigarettes.. my mind was saying "just have one" and then I quickly reminded myself that one would lead to a pack and then the madness would start again... I feel very proud of myself for getting out of there..
0 Kudos
denise13

Congrats on 41 days Cindy!!!

I did not give in to the craving ..instead I ran on my treadmill and did some pilates...the tension I was feeling was released and I didn't crave for the rest of the day.. I was in a situation today were I could have smoked but chose not to ..I am determined to stay the course thanks for the feedback
0 Kudos