cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

maggie-baird

Help

My name is Maggie and I need to quit smoking and iIdesperately need some help. I've tried several times before but I always seem to go back to cigarettes. Can you help me get started? I would like my quit day to be March 23, 2009.
Thank you,
Maggie
0 Kudos
5 Replies

So start letting them go.

When you want a smoke, tell yourself you will wait a little longer and do it.
You will find that you can go much longer between cigarettes than you ever thought.

That realization will empower you with the feelings that you can succeed.

Its a mind game. Once you get past a week, it gets easier.
0 Kudos
kim30

Maggie, pick up that Allen Carr book Easyway. I can't explain how it works, but it does.

I wish you lots and lots of luck.
Kim
0 Kudos
the_carpenter

hi maggie my name is jim. i have wanted to quit for some time but this time i am serious . this is very hard. day 1 was ok but i can do better. i need all the help i can get.
0 Kudos
maggie-baird

Hi James,

I set my quit date for the 23rd however it hasn't happened. My brother-in-law quit smoking after he read the book written by Allen Carr The Easy Way to Stop Smoking, and I just got it in the mail. I plan to start reading it today. I have a Dr's appointment next Friday and I'm really afraid to go, because I don't know what I'm going to find out. I know I need to quit, and I've done it before but this time it seems to be harder. So I need alot of help too.
0 Kudos
shana3

Hi Maggie! I've quit a couple times in the past and started back up again so I understand where you're coming from. I think what I am doing differently this time will help. I'm telling everyone! And asking for their help. I'm also wearing the patch to help fight the nicotine withdrawals. I've also promised myself to find something else to do when I get a craving and see if it passes. I wish you all the luck! Stay positive and come chat as often as you need.
0 Kudos