cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sandyjean93

Help

It's been 3 days since I quit cold turkey. Can I have one puff to help with the cravings!!!!

Labels (1)
18 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats on quitting! I think I have an idea on how others will respond to your question so for now I'll just post this Mayo Blog about having one puff.

Also this page on the EX site has some helpful info on the topic as well -https://www.becomeanex.org/just-one-cant-hurt/

Try to find a distraction for a few minutes to pass the time until the craving goes away-try the 4D's - do something different, drink water, distract yourself and take some deep breaths.

You've go this! 

~Margaret, EX Community Admin Team

EX Community Admin Team
MarilynH

Welcome to the community @Sandyjean93 first off I want to congratulate you on 3 precious smokefree days, Deep breaths, you've got this! believe it! Keep moving forward stacking up those precious ~ DOF ~ Days of Freedom so each evening you can say YAY for another day WON! It's definitely NOT easy at times BUT it is absolutely doable! Stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can. I found that if you Keep your mind as well as your hands occupied that helps and I chomped on carrots and celery sticks and I kept a bag of sugar free mints around in case of any unforseen cravings plus I drank a lot of water and still do...

Sandyjean93

Thank you! I'm staying strong. I CAN do this!❤️🚭

0 Kudos
Maki

How are you doing @Sandyjean93 . I quit cold turkey as well and that nasty day three was also one of those hard days for me , but get through it . It’s worth it I promise you . Tomorrow and the days ahead will get easier as you learn that you can handle them without smoking .

I would suggest maybe turning in early for the night , or go to games and play some games , or read best of Ex and testimonies , distract delay , discuss , drink water , deep breaths , don’t smoke . 
Are you hungry angry lonely , tired , perhaps look at those , they may be the trigger . 

Breathe with this , you can inhale calmness exhale the anxiety until it has passed . 

74E38F96-EE36-4B05-90D7-38FAAB0063C3.gif

Barbscloud

@Sandyjean93 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on 3 days of success. I hope you were able to make it through the day.  You already had three successful days.  It can be hard so do allow yourself to go back to day one.  

If you haven't been reading material on the site this link has some great information to help you work on your quit. Tools to use, how to beat cravings, creating new associations to replace smoking, etc.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge to help you stay on track one day at a time.

Use the deep breathing exercise. They really work.

Barbscloud_1-1682944868318.gif

You got this.

Barb

Sandyjean93

I love your words of encouragement😂 (I'm so sorry I don't mean to add the laughing emoji. For some reason it won't let me erase it)

Sandyjean93

Thank you I'm doing better than yesterday, but from I've heard that's to be expected, everyday gets better. I'm still going strong, I did not give in. I CAN do this❤️🚭

Sandyjean93

Thank you everyone for the support I want to let you all know that I did not give in, I did not smoke, very proud of myself for that I was serious this time about quitting and I think I can make it! Actually quitting smoking to have a baby!