Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

February 2020: Welcome new members!

The February Quitters have arrived!

There are always new members joining the community. A portion of those new members haven't set or haven't synced their quit date to the community so we can help celebrate your milestones.  

I'll be welcoming our new members and encourage you to get your quit date set and synced to the community so we can help you celebrate when you hit those milestones.

Set and Sync Quit Date

To get started you'll need to do the following:

1. Set your quit date on your Set Your Quit Date | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX  (or make sure it's set if you aren't sure.)
  2. Log out of the community by clicking this link.
  3. Then log back into the community to sync it.
  4. Look at your profile and confirm your correct date is showing.

When you log back in it will sync it over so it appears on your community profile. If your quit date is synced and you've indicated how many cigarettes you used to consume before you quit(update it in your community profile, otherwise we assume 20/day), your Quit Stats* will calculate how many days you've been quit and how many cigarettes you've avoided.

Be sure to check out our Getting Started Guide to learn about how to do other things on the site.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
26 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome new members of EX, please check out  my post above to set a quit date if you haven't already(thank you if you have!) and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey! mangojuul bambi13 MWat506 Booitsakkkk

Those mentioned immediately below have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post above to update and re-sync.

Sarahetank  B.nicole73 dmapes karankay Soulchiild92 66kjma msmatty1946 hughartj  squidssa sherryesw mattlear2379 Mycig Tacamo crojas IamaEX2020 Jennwalters1212 jgennett  gigibeck  emilyoliver alrwood Runny Emilyd86 penelope23 gaaksjs GodBless724 tessdefilippi

Great to see you back on the site after some time away. If you're new to the community a huge welcome! Tacamo

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome new members of EX, please check out  my post above to set a quit date if you haven't already(thank you if you have!) and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey! Jodipete23 XPandax luvzzrd argylesox

Those mentioned immediately below have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post above to update and re-sync.

Zeemah amdreamer33 kevinlaroche0423 lolovaper WolfPanda9194 lilxcitrus katevans2020  sammieo korimcg cortney.jordan belmontejodi GREGORY1966 maddijo24 Reneetrax71 inakriv Dadiscoach1 Lovemyself 1gandma   mccosman

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks, especially to find the orange EX Coach chat button to speak with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you. cortney.jordan maddijo24 WolfPanda9194

Great to see you back on the site after some time away. If you're new to the community a huge welcome! mccosman

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome new members of EX, please check out  my post above to set a quit date if you haven't already(thank you if you have!) and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey! monikakingAnonymous123stewy93

Judeism101 kelourful Juulsux tasa2103 Thanno58 scaredmom donny1342 recoveringnic jmvasquez81 cottoncandymama2015 jpoggi dbrymer  ellieth Coldturkey1964

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks, especially to find the orange EX Coach chat button to speak with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you. donny1342jmvasquez81dbrymerstewy93

It appears some of you are well into your quit journey! Thanks for joining and paying it forward here on EX while supporting your own quit. recoveringnic

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome new members of EX, please check out  my post above to set a quit date if you haven't already(thank you if you have!) and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey! SOS1010

Those mentioned immediately below have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post above to update and re-sync. hanoj123 DeniseL920 amme1 Leapsandbounds nana2358 smokefree1986 she-wolf jheath6 Cam1823 Kathiv4 Deborah-Ann emitch62 Marta21 Gardner6 mandababyyx3 Vicki3.1.2020

It appears some of you are well into your quit journey! Thanks for joining and paying it forward here on EX while supporting your own quit. Deborah-Ann

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome new members of EX, please check out  my post above to set a quit date if you haven't already(thank you if you have!) and then get it sync'd to the community, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey! sladriere1 arbella8 joycecates Marciamccarry ERH73 elephant68

Those mentioned immediately below have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post above to update and re-sync. Kbalanean ruffstuff27 mjw3 caseygarton Jimbo196953 tlevendoski abreitrick bwschnell52 MMos burton88-89 tristanelson888 mannonkat JuulU leannelilley73 zoer prod1284  bgcorrigan Stringbean  hank123 kellyc54 vbrown1830 calebrogers1 avidetic Rog231  P40ace apriljean878 gme73 hobrien88 tcarlyy  hanfmana klewis tinawmore Lena2020  jenngaroo37

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks, especially to find the orange EX Coach chat button to speak with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you. Rog231Marciamccarry

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
zoer

I can't find the Ex chat button. can someone tell me where to find it?

thanks

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

zoer wrote:

I can't find the Ex chat button. can someone tell me where to find it?

thanks

It's a premium feature, only available to select members who are sponsored by their employer or health plan provider. I mentioned a couple members who joined recently who appear to be sponsored. As of right now you don't appear to be sponsored. If you believe you should be, I can look into that for you zoer‌.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
zoer

thanks for the info, i thought i was just not finding it. i've only been on here a few days and still trying to find where everything is  no I wasn't "sponsored' I found this site by googling for help with my quit and very happy I found you all.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

zoer wrote:

thanks for the info, i thought i was just not finding it. i've only been on here a few days and still trying to find where everything is  no I wasn't "sponsored' I found this site by googling for help with my quit and very happy I found you all.

No worries.  I apologize I caused some confusion.  There are a lot of great people and resources here to quit even if you aren't sponsored.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
gme73

Ty Mark! On the 3rd day of my quit. So glad to have found this forum. The support and text messages have been a huge help. 

0 Kudos