cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

awken

Day one for Me

I have been trying to quit since November I have had 3 fails so far , read Allen Cars book over the weekend , and I about 13 hours into My fourth and hopefully final quit ! so just wanted to say Hello , I will be coming here to read and to help stay strong , I am 57 years old and have smoked for 37 years ! I admire all of you who have quit , I hope to join your ranks and be able to talk about how many days , how many months , how many years I stay quit !! 

Tags (1)
42 Replies
Barbscloud

That's great.  Made it through your first holiday weekend.  We seem to attach special meaning to certain events that of course would include smoking.  I'm still celebrating these accomplishments myself.  Stay in touch if you need help.  

77DOF

Always remember when those "thoughts" of smoking appear, remember to count to ten and breathe in and breathe out slowly (mimic smoking), concentrate on your breathing, you'll notice you didn't have a single thought of smoking (you were too busy concentrating on breathing) be sure to develop other ways to distract your thinking...... you're doing great !!!

Lori, 855 DOF

prjimm01

You have been an ex since your last cig - just keep it up!  Want to smoke?  - don't.  Not One Puff Ever.  Smoking is not an Option!!!!!

Skittles412

Awken how are you doing today? Remember to come back here for support when you need it.

awken

I am still hanging in there , thank you , it is day 11 and have had some strong cravings this morning , I think because my mind knows my longest quit was 12 days and I am approaching it . todays craves have been the strongest yet , but still staying strong !

gregp136

You can do this!  Focus on today.  Focus on the moment!  Do not look at what is your longest at this point.  Punch that nasty Nicotine bully in the nose!

Skittles412

You can do this awken. Remind yourself that if you relapse you will have to go through the agonizing 11 days all over again.  It seriously helped me when I had cravings.  We're all here for you.

Barbscloud

One day at a time is the only way to go.  Otherwise it get too overwhelming.

79DOF

Giulia

Repeat after me:

Cravings come

Cravings go

I'll get through them

This I know!

Stand tall.  Stay free!

GyorgyiM

THAT is the cutest thing ever!!!

I feel like skipping through the parking lot, singing that little ditty....

Awken, this is your new theme song till it sinks in.....and WE are the choir behind you!!!

Miles of Smiles....