cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

stephen3

Day 3

Ok first of all, again, thanks! You guys are awesome! I don't really know you guys, but I thought of your words of support yesterday when I had moments of feeling like I was weak and I got through the moments!
So yesterday, I have to keep this in the front of my mind all day or else I know that I can slip without thinking. I reminded myself that a few years ago, I stopped smoking in bed ( I always liked that last stick before closing my eyes) and for years I haven't even gone in the BR with a cig. And about a year ago I stopped smoking on my couch. So now I've decided to take the desk at home out too. It's the hardest one but I figure do it now while I'm determined. Today I woke up and drank my coffee again without smoking. The next thing I knew it was about 30 mins after being awake that I smoked! Only one! Tasted nasty!! Also taking time to stop and smoke, makes it feel like an interuption. Yesterday I smoked 14 cigarettes. just 2 days before that, I smoked 30 cigarettes. Right now I'm going to focus on keeping that number till I can chip away at the 14. I'm hoping soon that I can get rid of daytime smoking all together. It's hard and like I said some of those moments are bad enough to make me want to pop. But I really try to stay focussed.And remind my self why I am doing this for myself.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
stephen3

Thanks Jackie! That means a lot to me... I am goingthrough a rough patch right now. My body is going through withdrawl and i feel sick. But I am not going to give in. I just keep telling myself that it's like having the flu. One day you wake up sick as a dog and after a while - one day you wake up and it's gone and you feel great...... I'm waiting and hanging as tough as I can. It's so great to have someone like you who knows what I'm going through to have in my corner.
Thank you so much for being there.
0 Kudos
polly2

Hiya Stephen! You are doing great!! Just keep that focus and determination going full force! Soon you will be ready to come join us as a bonafide EX!! Keep on keepin' on!! Keep posting too, because it does help to get support from us here!!
0 Kudos
nan7

Oh, Yeah Stephen, the withdrawal moments are bad. But you now know they pass. I have started using the straw cut off like a cig, and it really helps. I get extra air and can hold on to it. You might try that. or gum, or sucker, or a walk, they all help break that crave.

Its one step at a time to the finish line. You are doing great!
0 Kudos