cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Aesposito

Cravings

I'm 8 days without a cigarette and very little nicotine replacement. Yesterday I had one 4 mg piece of nicotine gum that I chewed on and off throughout the day and that was it. I'm just hoping that these cravings get to be less often and less powerful because I don't know how much longer I can continue to fight them. If anybody can share their experience and how long Cravings Last . Also when they start going away. 

Tags (1)
11 Replies
mivida2018

Congratulation but the cravings will stay for a little while. You can go for a walk, drink water. have some gum. hard candy will help you. Do something with your hands. Hope this help. Remember to Take one day at the time. and also the urge will pass whether you smoke or not.

Sandy-9-17-17

Hey, keep up that fight, it is so worth it!  You are heading into the double digits!  Be proud of yourself!  

Also, you are through hell week, like they say, keep telling yourself you never want to go through that again.  

Make yourself a list of what to do when you feel a crave hit, they have a great list here of 101 things to do.   

My favorite thing in the beginning, was cinnamon gum!  I chewed a lot of it throughout the days, but I chew none of it now! 

You can do this!  What a great thing you are doing for YOU! 

0 Kudos