cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Zak1314

Anxiety

Been having anxiety wishing that I didn't.. 

18 Replies
Zak1314

Yes I have been looking into guided meditation and I'm going to try it today.  

Barbscloud

Are you exercising?  Going for a walk?   It really helps.

Barb

Zak1314

Yes I go for walks and do a lil bit of exercise when home .. Don't do too much though being that my work alone is a workout .. Lol

jackrink

Well that doggone anxiety.......  The hardest part of it is believing that it will pass, in only about 20 minutes if it is related to a craving for tobacco. The key here is that it will pass whether you do go for the tobacco or you don't, so why not just give it a pass. You only have to distract yourself for 20 minutes. When I was in withdrawal, I got myself an exercise bike and just jumped on it for a few minutes, that created enough dopamine in my brain to help quell the anxiety.....

Zak1314

Thank you for your recommendations jackrink . I'll maybe try going for a jog around  my block.

RoseH

There are great articles on the Internet Zak1314‌  Just get on your computer and ask for Articles on How to relieve anxiety...  You might try Verywellmind.com

Zak1314

Thank you for the recommendation Rose.

Barb102

You can do this Zak. You are not alone. So many of us are struggling with anxiety right now let’s be stronger together. You are not alone!!!

bookee6

Hi ZAK,  one thing that has helped me is talking or writing with friends and all the awesome people on this site.  I have major anxiety issues and coming to the site and reading and chatting has helped because it reminds me i am not alone.  I also do the meditation and breathing techniques they do help also.  As stated above you anxiety gets bad and you need more help please contact your doctor.  Most if not all doctors are doing virtual appointments so you can contact them right from home.  Hope you feel better soon, i know  you will.