cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
cscissor1

Day 2 of not smoking using chantix also. Feeling good but very lazy,so I'm hanging out in my recliner      Cathy

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

good luck kathy,  hang in their ,,,it only gets better   jim ohio

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

everyone have a good weekend,,,,,,a smokefree weekend

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

to the newbies here, also friends trying chantix again to quit............it is easier to never take another puff....than to go threw the process of quitting over and over............as long as you never ever put nicotine into ur body again...you will be free from all the cigs stuff....jim ohio

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

good luck to all today,   one day at a time.........never ever another puff.....do not be afraid of ur new found freedom  jim ohio

0 Kudos
sallyg

Day 19 of no smoking.  I'm weaning off the Chantix.  It's been a huge help but i'm noticing side effects of despondency and crying spells.  Plus some excessive GI hot air output (passing gas!). I have nightly dreams but they're pretty cool so I don't mind them so much.  I tried Chantix before and it also worked then but for some reason I'm having rare to no urges this time around.  Probably the lymphoma diagnosis. Seriously, they found this on the skin, worked me up head to toe and cant' find it anywhere else except that one skin spot which is since removed.  My lungs scanned clear after 38 years of smoking so honestly, how could I go back to smoking.  I feel like I've gotten a blessing with the all clear on the lymphoma and it would be a shame to blow it and start smoking again.  Glad for the support group.

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

HI, SALLY,  IT MIGHT BE ABIT EARLY TO WEEN.....GIVE THE CHANTIX SOME TIME....I AM WEENING ALSO BUT AFTER 30 PLUS DAYS....DO NOT HAVE ANY SIDE EFFECTS.....YES GAS CAN BE A PROBLEM.........19 DAYS IS STILL ABIT SOON TO GET CRAZY.......GIVE YOUR RECOVERY SOME TIME.......UR BODY IS STILL GETTING USED TO ALL ITS CHEMICALS  BEING CONTROLLED NATURALLY......ABOUT 30 DAYS AND THINGS ARE STARTING TO RUN NORMALLY IN YOUR SYSTEM................YOUR BODY IS HEALING AND WILL CONTINUE TO HEAL....JUST RELAX AND ENJOY WHAT U HAVE DONE FOR UR BODY......U WILL START TO FEEL PERIODS OF CALM AND REALLY ENJOY BEING A HAPPY EX-SMOKER  JIM OHIO

0 Kudos
bsangelsc

was on chantix for a week then on my quit week I smoked a half to one full cig to husband cigs this went on for two weeks on new years eve had three cigs it was gross thothing to do with it (smoking) started having vivid dreams but nothing I couldn't handle (I can handle a few dreams if it meant i didn't smoke) but the dreams got worse in content and started to get depressed so I quit the chantix I took it for almost 2 months so I figure it has givin me a good start

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

last week of ween(chantix)...............down to half a pill every other day for a week....................everything real smooooooth......settling in to a long happy life as a ex-smoker...........jim ohio

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

to all,   have a great day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,enjoy the freedom, even if it is 1 hour, 1 day, or many days................spring is around the corner......we will be breathing fresh oxygen rich spring air soon.................jim ohio

0 Kudos