cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

trish4801

Chantix

I've tried this before with only short term success. I think the difference will be my resolve to quit this time. I talked my Dr into letting me try again. I also bought some air inhalers for the hand to mouth desire, hoping this limits the amount of food and weight I put on. Last time I gained over 20lbs.

I am ready to start this journey. 

Trish C
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
biscuit9

Wishing you success on this stage of your journey.  Breaking free takes a little work, but STARTING is the key.  Sounds like you have a plan for the cravings, which is so important.  Have a plan and execute that plan.  Knowing that one puff for an addict will always lead to another, so breaking free of that cycle gets us unaddicted.  It will be worth it, but you must be vigilant.

Queen_T

I have had a similar experience. I am quitting on Saturday, April 1st. Stay strong. We can beat this!

Queen_T aka Tammy
One moment at a time.
Barbscloud

@Queen_T Welcome to the Ex.  Glad you found us.  

Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addiction to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Start your day by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 1st.  

Consider posting to My Journal/Blog to introduce yourself to the community and receive some well deserved support.

Barbscloud_0-1679925845570.jpeg

SBSC

Barb

Queen_T

Thank you, Barbara. Dare I say I'm excited to get started????

Queen_T aka Tammy
One moment at a time.
trish4801

@Queen_T I do the Daily pledge everyday, I feel it has helped with this quit. I feel accountable to myself as well as the person before and after me.

I also post in the journal/blog area everyday even if I don't have much to say. It helps me realize there are people willing to stand behind me cheering my quit on. And if I should fall down they will also be the ones to help me back on the horse. 

Stay strong and true to yourself. We've got this. 

Trish C