cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

cerangey

Who’s had success quitting with the patch?

How many of you had success quitting using the patch?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can find people all over the community who’ve used patches.  Going to https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/forums/filteredbylabelpage/board-id/quit-methods/label-name/ni... or Searching Patches from the home page will give you lots of search results.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@cerangey Welcome back!     People have had success with many NRT tools and medications (Welbutrin, nicotrol inhalrers, etc.)   Have you tried other aids before?  Go back and revisit information on the site to create a quit plan and educate yourself about how to to quit.  I've tried many aids over 50 years of smoking.  I learned how to quit when I found the Ex.  Aids really help, but you still have to do the work.  

There's some great information here to help with your quit.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

We're here for you, so reach out anytime we can help.

Some information about quit aids from the Mayo Clinic.

Navigating Nicotine Replacement: What are the opti... - EX Community

Do You Need to be Ready to Quit Smoking to Use Tob... - EX Community

Medications can be helpful - EX Community

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
cerangey

Thanks Barb!

I am almost 11 months smoke free. I had a medical diagnosis that promptly made me quit. I was successful on the patch and only have used for long drives since Sept. They are covered under insurance!

Barbscloud

@cerangey Sorry, I  was confused with where you are  with your quit.  Super congrats on 11 months smoke free.  So is your concern about quitting the patch?

We're always here for you!

Barb 

0 Kudos
Mhoken221

I just started my quitting journey 2 days ago and decided to try the patch. I think It’s working so far when I wear it I def feel like my cravings for nicotine are curved. Is this a long term solution? Is there any bad sides to using the patch? 

cerangey

@cerangey wrote:

How many of you had success quitting using the patch?

The patch worked for me! I did the step down patches and quitting got even easier when my doctor ordered the patches and insurance paid 100%. I used the patch only during the day. A friend told me to take off at night, they can make you dream nightmares.  I was on the patch for about 6 months. You have to be mentally ready when you use the patch. Have things ready to do to keep you busy.

I only use the lowest dose patch now when I drive long distance. The car ride can be a trigger for me. 

Have your tools ready and good luck! Keep me posted on your success!