cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
michelle38

Day two on chantix and i am doing great...I have heard so many negative things but everyone is different..In Texas your liable to hear anything...Any adivce would be appreciated..god bless

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I also used Chantix successfully - I guess.  I had taken it for only three weeks when I went in for surgery and, since I was in the hospital for four days without it, didn't know how much to take when I got home  - so I didn't take any more.  

It doesn't do it FOR you - nothing does.  It is still work, and you still need to educate yourself and do your plan, and commit to this 100%.  Do all that, though, and it might be the backbone to start that you need (it was for me!).

Nancy

0 Kudos
grandpamike

Good to see more ex's. I went through the weekend and now have 74 days nicotene free.

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

excited to join group....i quit using chantix 870 cigs ago......unbelievable that i would have smoked that many cigs.....yuk..........feel good everyday...........mornings are a breeze now....still get urges once inawhile.....but pass real quik.......i am a nicotine addict......i am a smoke-a-holic............i do have a addiction...................but i am smoke free and so excited about it........i am proud of what i did, but i am still humble about my quit.......nothing to be proud about all those years of smoking.....good luck to everyone  on their smoke free day......jim

0 Kudos
kelly9

I feel great on Champix! I am on day 14 but day 5 or 6 smoke free.  I just got made redundant yesterday and the last thing that I wanted to do was smoke.  I feel liberated! I may be loosing my job with all the people that I have grown close to but I dont have time to grieve as I am gaining my health which is fantastic.  I woke up yesterday and I could feel air in my lungs and my wheezing was gone.  Fantastic, champix is giving me my life back an I look forward to healing process and celebrating each day.

0 Kudos
grandpamike

Celebrating day 75 smoke free days today. Had a couple of slight urges this morning but nothing I could not handle. I am still feeling great. So far i have not had any side effects from the medications.

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TODAY....I HAVE HAD SOME REAL SMOOTH DAYS......NO MORE URGES.....JUST THOUGHTS.....ONCE INAWHILE............STARTING TO LOOSE TRACK OF HOW LONG OFF CIGS........PRETTY HUMBLE ABOUT THAT.......GAINED ABOUT 10 POUNDS BUT WILL HAVE THAT UNDER CONTROL REEL SOON........BEEN DRINKING  SOME WATER, EATING MORE VEGGIES AND FRUITS....THEY SAY EX-SMOKERS WHO EAT FRUIT AND VEGGIES HAVE A GREATER CHANCE OF NEVER RELAPSING AND KEEPING THE WEIGHT OFF......THAT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.........STARTED LIFTING WEIGHTS AGAIN....SOMETHING I REALLY LIKE TO DO.....JUST COULD NOT DO IT USING CIGS.......VERY NICE TO BE FREE FROM CIGS......GOING TO START RUNNING IN ABOUT A WEEK.......SHORT LITTLE JAUNTS TO START............I HOPE EVERY ONE HAS A GREAT DAY.......IT ONLY GETS BETTER DAY BY DAY.....  JIM

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY BEING A EX-SMOKER......YOUR LUNGS AND BODY ARE HEALING THEMSELVES......A VERY GOOD FEELING........I AM GOING TO START WEENING OFF THE CHANTIX......I HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH CHANTIX.....IT WAS THE SOLUTION FOR ME TO QUIT.....IT WAS FAIRLY EASY AND SMOOTH......I AM GOING TO SEE  HOW IT GOES WEENING.......I AM GOING TO DO IT OVER A 1 MONTH PERIOD.......I HAVE NOT HAD ANY URGES AT ALL.......I DO HAVE SOME THOUGHTS, BUT EVEN THOSE ARE REAL MILD AND PASS REAL QUIK.....EVERYONE HAVE A SUPER DAY......JIM

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

to all, enjoy the weekend as a ex-smoker,   do some things u have allways wanted to do.....monday when we all wake up we will still be ex-smokers, had a addiction free weekend, and we do not smell like smoke......jim ohio

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

HAPPY SMOKE-FREE DAY TO ALL....ANOTHER DAY OF BEING  FREE FROM OUR ADDICTION...JIM OHIO

0 Kudos