cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
lynne4

It has been 206 days for me!  Hard to believe it has been this long, 206 days ago I was a die hard pack a day smoker and now, believe it or not, do not have a desire to smoke again.  Those of you just starting out - it can be done.  Really you can enjoy life so much more and not be a prisoner to the habit.  Good luck to you all, Chantix is a wonderful start, hang tight and take one day at a time.  It is soooo worth it, it is hard at first, but each day gets easier, I don't think about cigs everyday anymore, it is so freeing!  Be positive....

0 Kudos
lois2

thanks LYNN it is good to here from some of the old chantix uses, i have got to quit again, i went back after 6 mons,

0 Kudos
crazy4broncos

I tried Chantix and had the WORST stomach aches.  I even tried taking with food, that didn't make a difference.  I also had trouble getting to sleep - it didnt affect my dreams like the patches did.  But I do know when I was taking it I had less of a desire to smoke, but know too it was REALLY hard to stop smoking cold turkey on the 7th day (at least thats what I think it was)......but I HAVE GOT TO QUIT!  I refuse to go on any anti-depressants and don't feel that trading 1 habit 4 another like using the patches or gum will be helpful.  I have that addictive personality......blahhhhhh!  So I think my only choice is to go cold turkey?!

0 Kudos
crazy4broncos

Oh.....and I had the gas too.  I tried Tums and Pepcid.....it helped a little, but not enuf.

0 Kudos
lois2

good luck on going cold turkey carzy4broncos, i was going cold turkey, but i guess i will go threw chantix again gas, dreams, upset stomch and all that, good luck to us all.

0 Kudos
walleye

Just wanted to wish everyone Good Luck!This is my 5th day smoke free and I'm doin ok...kind of.Iam on Chantix and it seems to be working.The only side effect I have had are the wild and Vivid dreams at night and I iook forward to bed time.Once agian Good Luck !

0 Kudos
lois2

walleye keep up the good job

0 Kudos
walleye

Day six and still hanging in there!I had one hour last night that lasted about a week, but I made it through without going to buy smokes!It sure is a good feeling knowing I beat the demon once.

0 Kudos
charliej

Walleye.......just hang in there.  It is better from here on out.  Almost a week !!!  By 10-12 days, you will never want to smoke again !!

0 Kudos
walleye

7 days smoke free! I like my odds .

0 Kudos