Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

vlxedits

Back To Vaping

I quit weed for 9 months, came back to vaping nic for three months

I quit nic for three months, came back to nic for a few weeks

Quit for a month, came back for a week

Quit for 3 weeks, now Ive been back for two days.

My dad is severely addicted to vaping and it's all over the house. My brother does it, his friends do it, my friend online does it. I see people doing it in tv shows, video games, my favorite rapper does it.

So now it's day 1.5 and I've already vaped 10ml or so. Stomach feels like shit. Feeling ashamed of myself.

Only reason I started was cause I feel like a loser. I keep waking up for an hour and having no idea what I woke up for, so I immediately want to go back to sleep.

So I thought, fuck it, just vape. So I stole my dads.

Gonna quit again, just don't know why I should do it.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
66 Replies
elvan

How about cinnamon sticks or biting into a lemon, rind and all. This is a one day at a time journey. Sometimes, it is one MINUTE at a time or one feeling at a time. It is an addiction & trust me, it is nothing to mess around with. Read all you can find about nicotine addiction & remember Not One Puff Ever, NOPE. I had a big stash of Sour Patch Kids & l drank lots of water, l also came here every morning & every night. If you took your father’s vape, how does HE feel about that? You should ask him to put it somewhere that you can’t find it. Out of sight...

vlxedits

I will do that, idk if using a straw i made with a paper towel as the end is good. I use it as my crutch for whatever i have to do, i suck on it at the end, i relapsed though

0 Kudos
Troutnut1

Dually addicted to alcohol and cigarettes for 35 years, I felt like a loser when I found my way to an AA meeting on 11/21/1998. Beat up, unemployed, and unemployable, all my worldly possessions were packed and I was ready to leave and get divorced for the second time. But something strange happened that night. I met a wise gentleman at the meeting named “Darby Jack” Bowler. He talked to me for a long time after the meeting. I don’t recall most of what he said. But I do remember this:

” If you don’t take that FIRST drink, just for today, it is physically impossible to get drunk. And, if you don’t take that FIRST drink, one day at a time, you are absolutely, positively, 100% guaranteed to go to bed as a WINNER tonight!”

So I tried it. And I liked going to bed a WINNER that night. I’d been a loser for a while. I liked it so much I have been doing it now for over 22 years. I became a double WINNER on 2/28/2001 when I quit smoking 3.5 packs a day. I’ll be a WINNER again tonight. 

No matter what else is happening in your life, Darby Jack and I can assure you that you can be a WINNER this very night. It will change everything. You have my word.

Your friend in Montana

Troutnut1(dennis)

vlxedits

Thanks for this. 

SuzyQ411

I hope things are going well for you these days vlxedits and that you're starting to get a handle on you nicotine addiction via vaping. It will be the best gift you can ever give yourself and I'm still pulling for you.  ~Suzy‌

Barbscloud

This post has been going on for a good while.  So how are you doing with your recent quit?   I know you indicated others around you are vaping.  I know that doesn't make it any easier for you, but you have to remember, it's your quit, no on else's.  You can't control what others do, but you can control what you're doing.  I hope you haven't given up.  You can reach out for help anytime your tempted.  That's what we're here for.  And, I didn't suck on a straw--I chewed the heck out of them.  Maybe try that!

Hope all is well.

Barb

vlxedits

I was 3 days clean today but I caved..

SuzyQ411

Hi vlxedits,

I just ran across your post, stating you had "caved" today,  after three days clean.

I'm not here to condemn you but to offer some thoughts which might hopefully encourage you to not give up on your plan to quit vaping:

* Have you given any thought as to what you might have done differently to prevent your relapse?

* Have you decided if you plan on returning to your quit?

* If yes, how will you keep from repeating again what led to this relapse?

BTW, congratulations on reaching three days clean. For many. the first week of the quit is the hardest part, with day #3 being the worst.

Please keep us posted on how things are going. We do care.

~Suzy

vlxedits

Yeah, it's usually that I get really anxious and just have an urge to suck on my vape.

An urge to just breathe on something.

I plan on trying again tomorrow or the next day.

SuzyQ411

Hang in there. I believe you can do this!! ~Suzy

0 Kudos