Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

vlxedits

Back To Vaping

I quit weed for 9 months, came back to vaping nic for three months

I quit nic for three months, came back to nic for a few weeks

Quit for a month, came back for a week

Quit for 3 weeks, now Ive been back for two days.

My dad is severely addicted to vaping and it's all over the house. My brother does it, his friends do it, my friend online does it. I see people doing it in tv shows, video games, my favorite rapper does it.

So now it's day 1.5 and I've already vaped 10ml or so. Stomach feels like shit. Feeling ashamed of myself.

Only reason I started was cause I feel like a loser. I keep waking up for an hour and having no idea what I woke up for, so I immediately want to go back to sleep.

So I thought, fuck it, just vape. So I stole my dads.

Gonna quit again, just don't know why I should do it.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
66 Replies
elvan

Welcome to EX. You have gotten great advice from others. Just remember nicotine addiction is addiction & those people you see vaping don’t WANT to vape, they HAVE to so their addiction is fed. Recovery is a one day at a time. Your quit is yours, take care of it & it will take care of you.

Ellen

Thesegoto11

I'm not as experienced as many of the other frequent posters on this site, but regardless wanted to share with you my thoughts on your thoughts.

Running the risk of being overly simplistic, it sounds like you don't have enough to do. You even said that's why you started. So, find something constructive to do. You must have interests. Pursue them. Find a hobby. Get out of the house. Find a job if you're old enough.

If I were living at home, don't know if I could ask my father to quit smoking or vaping in front of me. It may seem old-fashioned, but it's his house. I would find ways of distancing myself. Heck, the general dislike of my parents was one of the motivating factors that led to me getting a job and moving out in the first place. (Don't believe everything you see on television or the movies. Young people leave the nest for lots of reasons.)

So, all the above advice is solid and true. It comes from seasoned, educated, former smokers, but also give some thought to the other parts of your life such as what it is you want to do next.

This is "OK DAD, whatever!" signing off. LOL

Cousin-Itt

vlxedits‌  You have great advice above.  All the things mentioned above have helped so many. 

The thing that I enjoy the most is I taught myself the harmonica You don't have to know how to read music    It took care of the times when I was bored or a crave hit. It kept my mind occupied   It kept my hands busy.  You inhale and exhale and it is great for your lungs. Commit to you quit It's yours.   Find something that you enjoy you can turn  to instead a vaping   You can do this      Everyday you're free of vaping is a day won for you  String them together A Day At a Time

Carl

indingrl

Vixedits and CONGRATS on NOT vaping and please when YOU want to vape - just grab a lemon and bite into it peel and all - it will HELP you not to vape - then drink some water and please keep some menthol cough drops by your bed for when you wake up eat one because it will HELP you not to vape or please buy some hard candy and different flavored gum to chew when you want to vape - I am glad YOU are choosing to live healthier because YOUR worth it - please remember Not One Pod Ever - n.o.p.e. - thank you for YOUR courage and SELF honesty

Augustus44

You are in a bad situation, but not an impossible one. What you have to understand is this: Nicotine/vaping/ pipes/cigars are all a "delivery system" designed by tobacco companies to keep you an ADDICT. You are addicted to NICOTINE--Every 20 minutes or so, your body has cleansed itself of nicotine, and your mind is saying "more." So you light up another one--it's a system that keeps you craving for more until you go to sleep and oddly enough don't crave any nicotine until you wake up again. 

You have to really internalize this: You are not giving up anything but cancer, money spent for smoke, bad breath, physical problems, and poison--the last one being the important one. You are saying goodbye to the privilege of poisoning yourself, paying for it, and dying from it--maybe an agonizingly slow death. It's all a psychological scheme from the tobacco companies to keep you addicted--watch the smokers around you--is that what you really want? 

Quit being a slave--non smokers have just as much fun as smokers --save your money; splurge on something. I usually say, when someone asks what my "splurge" cost--400 cigarettes not smoked--sometimes it's a 1000 cigarettes not smoked. Think about that for a minute--how many cigarettes have you smoked in your lifetime? And what did you get for it. 

I'm around if you'd like to continue corresponding. 

SuzyQ411

Hello! I just came across your post of three days ago and am wondering how you are coming along.  I'm hopeful that you've read the posts of helpful ideas that others have written for you, and that you have chosen some quit tips that feel like they'd work for you. And, I see that Augustus44‌ has offered to be sort of a quit buddy for you. If you haven't yet had the chance to contact him, I'm hoping you will soon and take him up on his offer to correspond with you. ~Suzy

vlxedits

I quit.

maryfreecig

Good for you! Congratulations.

Barbscloud

That's great.

Barb

Brenda_M

Great news! I'm very glad to hear this. Please let us know how it's going.