Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

vlxedits

Back To Vaping

I quit weed for 9 months, came back to vaping nic for three months

I quit nic for three months, came back to nic for a few weeks

Quit for a month, came back for a week

Quit for 3 weeks, now Ive been back for two days.

My dad is severely addicted to vaping and it's all over the house. My brother does it, his friends do it, my friend online does it. I see people doing it in tv shows, video games, my favorite rapper does it.

So now it's day 1.5 and I've already vaped 10ml or so. Stomach feels like shit. Feeling ashamed of myself.

Only reason I started was cause I feel like a loser. I keep waking up for an hour and having no idea what I woke up for, so I immediately want to go back to sleep.

So I thought, fuck it, just vape. So I stole my dads.

Gonna quit again, just don't know why I should do it.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
66 Replies
vlxedits

It's not that bad. The only thing I miss really is taking a deep breath on something.

SuzyQ411

I'm offering a suggestion of what I did in the early days. I cut straws into cigarette-sized lengths (you could cut them the lenth of your vape) and I would take deep breaths on them. I know it's an unspeakable challenge to withdraw from nicotine and stick with your goal to become free of your nicotine-delivery device whether its cigarettes, cigars, chews or vapes. I tried vaping at one point to get away from cigarettes so was fighting two separate "forms" of nicotine, overall. I will agree that it is not easy but I will also say that it IS do-able. After more than 60 years of heavy smoking with many, many unsuccessful quit attempts, I am now almost one year fully free of cigarettes and vaping. For some -- like me-- using nicotine gum or mints have helped the process.  I wish you well and I pray you will determine to stick with your quit! 

~Suzy

354 days totally free of cigarettes

Over 2 years free of vaping

In the process of withdrawing from nicotine gum 

P.S I am going to also answer here your comments about having headaches, anxiety and fear while stopping your vaping. Headaches and anxiety are a common symptom of your body (brain) adjusting to the absence of nicotine and are signs that your body is healing. Fear may possibly be your response to worry about what your life could possibly be like with the absence of your "friend' / the vaping experience. (Actually your "friend: is really your enemy) Perhaps this article will help you sort some of this out... The Answer for Smoking Anxiety and Withdrawl Symptoms Lies Within the Brain.

vlxedits

I also get anxiety and headaches and have to leave what i'm doing because of fear and being overwhelmed with things I should do or have to do in the future.

vlxedits

Funny because the actual effects of nicotine are positive.. helps you focus and gives euphoria etc but the consequences are negative

indingrl

I hope you had a GOOD day

Barbscloud

vlxedits  Hang tough.   There are lots of withdrawal symptoms that you wouldn't ever expect when your body is reacting to the loss of nicotine. It will take some time so be patient with yourself.

Congrats

Barb

YoungAtHeart

vlxedits 

The only reason you FEEL more focused is that your brain receptors stop jonesing for a fix when you give them nicotine - it's the ABSENCE of the stress caused by the last nicotine you got.  That it helps you focus is a  downright LIE of your addiction.  What you describe as euphoria is the quick hit of dopamine provided by the nicotine - PLUS the reduction of stress from needing a fix. You can get that dopamine in other ways that won't badly affect your health.  Any form of brisk exercise will give it to you, as will a bit of chocolate, or sex!

maryfreecig

Congrats on your progress in staying off vaping. Funny thing --I always wondered why the positive side of nicotine was more important than the negative-- because the negative far outweighs the positive. It isn't anywhere near close. I think it's hard for us to really accept that what we call liking nicotine is really 99% addiction and dependency. There are a lot of things I like but I don't use, engage etc like I did smoking--the nicotine. When we no longer have a choice (at least not a fair choice) to engage then it really isn't about doing something positive, fun, uplifting.

It took me a while to accept that it is addiction. Now that I do, it's one more tool I can use to stay smober.

Again, big congrats on finding your quit. Keep up the great work.

vlxedits

Using straws gave me the urge to vape

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

Sorry that suggestion of sucking on a straw didn't work... I see that Ellen elvan (below)‌ has a few more suggestions you might try as well as all the other possibilities your EX family has given you (above entries). We know it's not easy--we are all fighting the same addiction. I vaped for awhile then went back to cigarettes. Whatever the delivery system, it's the nicotine we are addicted to. "Do you want to quit bad enough that you will do whatever it takes?" That's the question I finally had to ask myself. And yes, it's not easy. But it can be done. There are many success stories here at the EX; perhaps checking out members' home pages and reading their stories might boost your confidence and determination. I'd say it's worth a try...

~ Suzy

Day # 370 without even one puff / heavy smoker for over 60 years