cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

jeffkurysz

Vapers - Anyone Experience Poor Health under a year of Vaping?

Hey everyone - looking for some stories/experiences of ex-vapers as well as some advice to quit. I plan on quitting tomorrow morning using the patch and wellbutrin. I'm extremely worried about the effects quitting will have on my anxiety.

Before January 2020 I never had a single symptom related to anxiety and I was a big smoker at the time. Slowly but surely I developed some shortness of breath that became increasingly frequent and eventually I figured out it is most likely improper breathing patterns (chronic hyperventilation syndrome) more than likely due to smoking. In May of 2020 I switched to vaping and things seemed to go from bad to worse. My anxiety symptoms became much more frequent (shortness of breath, wheezing, fast heart rate, lightheaded, etc) and I even started having what I believe are mild panic attacks that just seem to happen whenever. I don't necessarily "feel" stressed or anything but it's the physical symptoms that just hit me out of nowhere. I have to believe this is directly linked to vaping. So when it comes to quitting I'm hoping these symptoms don't get worse from the withdrawal. It's hard enough as it is to carry on living life normally while underneath I'm experiencing these very physical symptoms. 

Has anyone else experienced symptoms like this from vaping? I mean of course it's harmful in an abundance of ways especially to the respiratory system but I would just like to hear what if anything other people went through if they experienced something similar? 

Labels (3)
11 Replies
Barbscloud

@Bellamaria_ & @Moniquelyles Welcome to the Ex.  Congrats on you decision to quit.

Barb

0 Kudos
Alnenow78

Hi, I've been both a smoker and a vaper I quit for weight loss surgery but I've been where you are and I have both anxiety and major depression, and with the pandemic it made both way worse then they were I can say the for me it got better in the anxiety but my depression still kicks me down alot more on surtain days of the year .

I have also found that vaping seems to have caused other health issues that I now have to deal with like high blood pressure. I also suffer from chronic pain and chronic migraines so with all of that quitting helped the medication for my pain and migraine to work better then they did while vaping or smoking .

I pray that your quit journey works out and get your life back on track without the anxiety.

Keep at it and you will be surprised by how well you feel when you think about it.