cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

jeffkurysz

Vapers - Anyone Experience Poor Health under a year of Vaping?

Hey everyone - looking for some stories/experiences of ex-vapers as well as some advice to quit. I plan on quitting tomorrow morning using the patch and wellbutrin. I'm extremely worried about the effects quitting will have on my anxiety.

Before January 2020 I never had a single symptom related to anxiety and I was a big smoker at the time. Slowly but surely I developed some shortness of breath that became increasingly frequent and eventually I figured out it is most likely improper breathing patterns (chronic hyperventilation syndrome) more than likely due to smoking. In May of 2020 I switched to vaping and things seemed to go from bad to worse. My anxiety symptoms became much more frequent (shortness of breath, wheezing, fast heart rate, lightheaded, etc) and I even started having what I believe are mild panic attacks that just seem to happen whenever. I don't necessarily "feel" stressed or anything but it's the physical symptoms that just hit me out of nowhere. I have to believe this is directly linked to vaping. So when it comes to quitting I'm hoping these symptoms don't get worse from the withdrawal. It's hard enough as it is to carry on living life normally while underneath I'm experiencing these very physical symptoms. 

Has anyone else experienced symptoms like this from vaping? I mean of course it's harmful in an abundance of ways especially to the respiratory system but I would just like to hear what if anything other people went through if they experienced something similar? 

Labels (3)
11 Replies
Kimshine

Hi, I didn't vape but I have been a smoker. I have always had a bit of anxiety and depression but for me, I think the pandemic was what caused me to start having panic attacks and strange breathing almost like panting. Everything checks out with my doctor as far as the breathing. 

I hope you are doing well with your quit. You might try posting in Blogs because I think more folks see you there. I just happened to be nosing around the site and saw your post. 

Lindarivera

I have anxiety. When I smoked I had anxiety about smoking, then I had anxiety about quitting , I quit and still have anxiety.  I have learned a trick that helps a lot - when I feel the first signs of anxiety - I close my eyes and imagine rolling up a ball of yarn (which I imagine is my anxiety ) and throw it away

linda

TigeKtm

I'm only on day 4 but I can feel my anxiety dropping and I feel less stressed. Nicotine will raise your blood pressure and your arteries will have less blood flow. Your body is telling you to STOP vaping. Don't wait until it's to late. 

Ashone360

Yes!!! I started vaping 10+ years ago and my anxiety only got worse. I was at the point of hitting my vape every 5 minutes or so to calm myself. I’ve had full blown panic attacks that lead me to the ER. Who knows the real damage these devices are doing to our bodies. I’m on day three and I’m shaky from withdrawal but my anxiety is wayyy better already.  Stay on your path to quitting. No one knows how bad these unknown toxins are to our body.  Wish I would’ve had the strength to quit years ago. Stay strong. Heath is wealth 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

https://www.thetruth.com/breathofstressair

Here is a campaign we launched recently. It's more focused on keeping kids off of vaping but hopefully you feel better knowing that vaping causes stress. It doesn't relieve it. 

EX Community Admin Team
Moniquelyles

Was in the hospital with chest pain for the 3rd time . 25 days ago ..haven't vaped or smoked in 25 days ..that really scared me..I want to live a long time without any medical problems. I have none now and I'm 52 years old ..I want to be healthy and I feel healthy ..I smoked for 35 years and vaped 7 years ..no more I felt it taking a toll on my body tremendously.. I'm using nicotine pouches they really work when I'm around smokers or having anxiety to smoke ..I feel great 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Moniquelyles Congrats on getting off of vaping.  Do you have a plan for getting off of the pouches as well? There are some posts on that topic as well:  Topics with Label: Quitting Tobaccoless Pouches - EX Community  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Bellamaria_

Yes I'm quiting vaping sat I have breathing issues and panic attacks from vaping 6 yrs .my health went downhill from it

Barbscloud

@jeffkurysz Welcome to the Ex.  I'm happy to see that your got some responses from other vapers.  It's still nicotine addiction, but appears to be a different experience from smoking.

Barb

0 Kudos