cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Jiquxx

Does anybody have Schizophrenia and have a problem with hearing voices?

I have Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and have been diagnosed as schizoaffective and it started when I was 20 years old and I'm 53 years old now. I started smoking cigarettes back then and have been smoking for 32 years now. I have tried to quit smoking using the patches, gum, lozenges, spray, bupropion, Chantix, acupuncture, chamomile tea and have only been able to quit smoking temporarily each time. I forgot how many times I tried to quit smoking but I have always relapsed. I have a problem with hearing voices which is a symptom of Schizophrenia and I have a psychiatrist who I talk to and she prescribes my medication. I'm not going to give up on quitting smoking and keep trying until I succeed. I just wanted to know if anyone else is going through this. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
75 Replies
j3ffmeadowsgm

@jewlz23 today I get a laptop computer from my school for $15. It will be interesting to see what they give me. I have to find my Gmail password or reset the password.

jewlz23

I hate resetting passwords, but it can be done. Glad you are getting something that can keep you entertained for spurts during the day! I hope you get a good one! 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm I reset passwords all the time.  It's jus part of life in the computer world!

Barb

0 Kudos
jewlz23

I hope you get good rest. I am up at 5:51 right now. I couldn't sleep either. I woke up coughing. I have chemo at 10:45 today. So glad your voices are gone. 😊 

0 Kudos
j3ffmeadowsgm

@jewlz23 the Haldol is causing my feet to move. I plan on reading this morning. My depression is down and I can enjoy life again. The Haldol makes me manic and it makes me tired. I am having to cut back on my caffeine intake.

jewlz23

My mom used to take Haldol for her condition. She walked a little different and shuffled with hers. I am so glad your depression is down and can enjoy the life that is given to us to enjoy. I understand manic myself. I was there a few weeks ago but it was a frustrated manic phase. I cut out all caffeine at about the same time I cut out ciggies. I took out one addiction and my hypomanic rose to almost full on manic. I got some medicine from my doctor and I am settled back down again. Glad life is looking up for you @j3ffmeadowsgm ! Nicotine can calm you at first it seemed to me, but actually it stimulates the blood vessels in your body. So quitting caffeine and cigarettes are the best move for all of us! Have a great day!

❤️ Sherri