cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Jiquxx

Does anybody have Schizophrenia and have a problem with hearing voices?

I have Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and have been diagnosed as schizoaffective and it started when I was 20 years old and I'm 53 years old now. I started smoking cigarettes back then and have been smoking for 32 years now. I have tried to quit smoking using the patches, gum, lozenges, spray, bupropion, Chantix, acupuncture, chamomile tea and have only been able to quit smoking temporarily each time. I forgot how many times I tried to quit smoking but I have always relapsed. I have a problem with hearing voices which is a symptom of Schizophrenia and I have a psychiatrist who I talk to and she prescribes my medication. I'm not going to give up on quitting smoking and keep trying until I succeed. I just wanted to know if anyone else is going through this. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
75 Replies
Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm I'm so happy to see that there is some help available.  No expert, but I know getting medications right can be a real challenge.   Glad you found someone who is offering some solutions.  Keep fighting to get the help you need. You deserve that and more.

Hugs

Barb

0 Kudos
j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud I am criticized for taking action to protect my mental health. The assistant director of my apartment program doesn't want me contacting her. The nurse at discharge gave me the low down on the assistant director's attitude toward me. She didn't feel l should use 988 either.

0 Kudos
j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud  The assistant director of the Equinox apartment program is saying that I should not use 988 suicide and crisis hotline. She says I should use the hospital and leave the apartment program.

Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm I have no information why one option would be better than another.  My only thought is that the hospital is treating you in person and would know more about you than a stranger over the phone.

What do you think?

Barb

j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud Albany Medical Center security had my reading glasses. I was quite relieved to have a security guard call me out by name when I arrived. Now I have my reading glasses.

It does not matter if the assistant director thinks I should not write to her and doesn't want me to use 988 again.  She is an assistant director

Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm So glad your glasses were found.  Get reading like you had planned.  There is comfort in familiarity.

Hugs

Barb

j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud  I am reading a Stephen King book.  I'm taking haldol for an anti psychotic 

j3ffmeadowsgm

@jewlz23 I set up my electric guitar to play symphonic sample notes to pitch and velocity. Now I have to get internet on the computer.

0 Kudos
jewlz23

That sounds interesting. I have no idea how to go about getting internet on a computer other than calling somewhere and paying for someone to come do it. Maybe you can connect to wi-fi where you are staying?

j3ffmeadowsgm

@jewlz23  I'll pay the $50 a month and get the internet.

There is not a lot I can't do with my phone on the internet.

0 Kudos