Connect with others living with health conditions

Elizaowens66

Regulating moods

Feeling  weepy and  sad  all of a sudden  three  weeks nicotine  free 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
biscuit9

You are no longer hiding behind a cloud of smoke.  I do understand your sadness and I did deal with that.  It went away around day 21, as I recall.  I want to commend you for being three weeks nicotine free.  That is a big milestone, so make sure you celebrate this.  At 3 weeks, I was not jumping up and down for joy, over quitting.  I was still struggling BUT I did not want to ever go back to my smoking life.  I continued to adjust during the transition, and you will get to a better place.  Please realize that smoking will not change one thing in your life.  Your life will not be better or easier because of nicotine!   Remind yourself WHY your quit in the first place.  You are on the right path.  Treat yourself and count all the money you have saved and think about your lungs and your health.  

Barbscloud

@Elizaowens66 What you're experience is normal.  Our bodies go through a lot physically and emotionally when we quit nicotine.  It does take time for the nicotine to be completely gone from your body and then we have to learn new behaviors to cope with the psychological aspect.

Be patient with yourself.  I think sometimes we expect too much too soon.  After all we quit smoking, we should feel great.  My quit was more emotional than physical and it took me a long time to start feeling better about my quit.

Hang in there.  It will happen for you.  Supper congrats on 3 week of success.   What you're doing for yourself if a major accomplishment. 

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
Maki

It is normal to feel these , you are doing great , congrats on what you’ve achieved . If you look up the stages of grieving you may see the process of quitting is similar . I also went through an intense angry stage directed at cigarettes and what they stole from me , shouted into a pillow , took a long walk in a secluded area and let it out . Felt better for it. It’s a process worth understanding ,worth doing and worth gathering up those quit days. It will get better , I promise you . Keep going . 

0 Kudos