cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Ouch...my first vent in this group

Ok, my body freaking hurts today. Its frustrating. I don't want to be 32 with this pain...I have too much to do! I have school, work, kids, husband and now and then some fun to have. I live off of over the counter pain meds and supplements cause I cannot/will not function on script pain relievers. It even hurts to just lay there!!! so I get up take a l o n g, HOT shower and just keep moving from that point. Every now and then stopping for my husband to rub that spot on my neck and in my arms or legs that I didn't even aggravate but that insists on aggravating me. I am tired of saying Ouch just cause I got out of a chair, that I had to get out of cause it hurts to sit there too long. Oh and what the hell is up the restless legs... I never imagined that would be so exacerbatingly painful! I sit at work mostly for 10 hours 4 days a week...so why do my feet and legs feel like they have run a marathon?

I hope that quitting smoking is my answer to a healthier, more active, more pain free lifestyle. I've got to go make dinner now...Ouch!

Labels (1)
5 Replies
claudia2

Jamie,
I know that you said that you took over the counter pain meds for the fibro. I have seen the same doctor for over 30 years and have always complained about pain. I am sure whenever he say my chart out side the patient room he was saying "here we go again" I have lived with chronic pain since I was teenager. I had a real bad fall from my horse when I was young and broke my neck in 1979, back then I drank and I was so drunk that I didn't feel the pain for a few hours. I have had two neck surgeries than did not help, in fact the last one was a complete cervical decompression and it seemed to back fire.
In 2003 I was diagnosed with HEP C and could not get social security disability but as soon as I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I got it with no problem.
I still work two days a week, but only 8 hours a week. I don't know how you do it.
Every time I turn or move I am saying OUCH....or sometimes worse.
My daughter works for Pfizer and told me to get on Lyrica. It really has helped. You might want to ask your doctor about that. If you are sensitive to pain meds I don't know how you will react. I have been on Percocet more that half my life so I never had any side affects.
I still see the Pfizer ads on TV about people taking Lyrica and now they seem to be able to do just about everything.......WRONG. This is something that we will have to live with the rest of our lives. I am glad you have a husband that will give you massages. If you have good insurance your doctor should be able to send you to a good therapist that specializes in fibro pain.
Hope this helps and hope you are smoke free.
My quit date is in three days!
Claudia
dessa

Are you feeling any better today? My hips are flipping killing me---and smoking certainly does not help, but for some completely insane reason I continue to smoke because of the pain. It's a cycle, increased pain, increased stress, increased nicotine, which starve my muscles of needed oxygen, so then more pain, more stress, more cigarettes....
0 Kudos
gail3

wow, it's sad to see so many young people suffering from this. my 'fibromyalgia' is caused by post polio syndrome and didn't really kick in until my 40's when i started to feel like everything was falling apart. i'm almost used to the pains - but not. some i get used to. some just love to surprise me. i'm a powdered aspirin freek coz i have been diagnosed with Hep C also and cannot take Tylenol. i only take heavy meds at night and only when it's unbearable and i can't sleep. otherwise, there's icing my back/legs, and reducing muscle spasms with herbal things and staying away from caffiene - and exercise, which has its pros and cons. i'm not supposed to overdo exercise but i used to be pretty athletic so i hate getting fat. life is push-me pull-me. and if there's anything good about pain, it is that we never get too complacent.
0 Kudos
krthompson

Fibromyalgia sucks, constant pain, some days my hair even hurts.  Pain makes me want to smoke, day four and I don't smoke anymore.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@krthompson Welcome to the Ex and congrats on day 4 of of success.  There are many negative side effects when people first quit smoking.  It's not fun, but it's the body reacting to the loss of nicotine and a multitude of chemicals.   It's your body healing.

That's still my favorite  "I don't do that anymore".  Hang in there.  It may take some time, but it will get better.

Although a great post, it is old, so you may not receive a response from these members.  Please consider posting to Post to My Journal/Blog to receive lots of support.

Consider taking the Daily Pledge to help you stay on track one day at a time.

We're here for you, so reach out anytime you need some help or want to vent.

Barb

0 Kudos