cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

j3ffmeadowsgm

Cold Turkey No tobacco today

I ran out of tobacco and walking the street looking for discarded cigarettes feels like a mental health crisis. My cravings are waves of not feeling good. If I wait out the cravings I will feel good again. They say the cravings last for three minutes and then the chemistry involved wears out and has to be recreated.

Labels (1)
10 Replies
biscuit9

I used prayer to get me through some really tough times.  I said a prayer for you, for strength.  It is hard to quit, but since nicotine is HARMING you, you gotta quit doing it.  Cut a straw, draw, read.  Why don't you spend your time on this site and whyquit. net I think it is.  Lots of videos and excellent information.  Educate yourself cos what could it hurt right?  You have chosen to quit smoking, now just do what it takes to get there.  It sucks and you have extra challenges, but imagine what you can do when you stop obsessing over getting nicotine IN to your body.  Put that energy in to getting nicotine OUT of your body.  There is an easier way to quit than how you are doing it, so make it easy on yourself.  I apologize in advance if that is too strong of words for you.  Just want you to have some peace Jeff.

j3ffmeadowsgm

@biscuit9  Thank you for saying a prayer for me.  There is a group called Pivot that I have a smoking coach in. The community is non existent. I really like this group. Especially @Barbscloud

Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm I'm so proud of you.  I know you're out of smokes, but you can do this.   If you can get some Sour Patch Kids the sour seems to help.  I also chewed on straws--chewed the heck out of them.  I'm glad you also have a coach.  Use all the resources you can right now.

A different approach to cravings - EX Community

Stay busy and stay close.  I'm cheering for you.

Barb

j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud I had been feeling sorry for myself. The weekend is the hardest time for me. Monday I have classes that get me out of the house. I don't smoke when I'm away from home. Tuesday I meet with my new therapist and get my anti psychotic injection. Wednesday I go to class and then collect my social security benefits check. I have to go food shopping and the van is out for inspection and repair.

Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm Many find the weekend worrisome when they first quit.  Most of us have more things to occupy our time during during the week.   

You made it through your first weekend!  Just be careful when you go to the store--don't buy any smokes.

Barb

j3ffmeadowsgm

• @Barbscloud. Thank you for the support.  My carbon monoxide level is in the green this morning.

I need to find something to do on Friday. One step at a time.

diamond01

Hi, you can do this, I did that means anyone can, I loved to smoke, but will never pick up one again my Life, and grandkids are to important to me, and I had to have surgery  because of smoking. Good Luck always here if you need to talk. Diamond01

j3ffmeadowsgm

I had to put off surgery because smoking has made me too sick for the anesthesia. I'm still smoking and it is causing a lot of pain. I walked only 2.5 miles today and I've had it.

0 Kudos
j3ffmeadowsgm

I walked 1.78 miles. Now I'm relieved to be sitting in bed relaxing.