cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Today's Feasts

Had our first serving of Pesto!!!!  We usually plant much too much Basil.  Planted 3 store bought plants and put in seeds. Basil is really easy to grow from seeds.  But only four plants grew from seeds this time around.  Usually we have an entire 20' row of basil plants.  Much too dry here.  So I'll put in some more seeds.  BUT there were still enough leaves to make our first batch!  It's such an amazing color when it's being processed.  You can also freeze it, I discovered.  And it's a REAL TREAT in the middle of winter, let me tell you!

IMG_8029.JPG

Zucchini is doing fantastic.  Trouble is - Zucchini is so boring to eat!  Sorry dear Zucchini, but I have yet to find a recipe that's mouth watering with you.  Except the Zucchini cake recipe.  And fritter frying the flowers.  That's a taste delight delicacy like no other!

IMG_8028.JPG

The Mesclun lettuce is also doing great.  For you crop gardeners out there, if you want to add some spice to your salads, I highly recommend it.  It's a combo of different spicy greens like from the Cress family, etc.  Really perks up a salad.  

IMG_8024.JPG

Aside from those treats the day lilies are all in bloom here.  This one is truly amazing.  Looks like God took a paintbrush, dipped it in a bit of red and ran his thumb and forefinger across it in a flick to splatter some on the white central part.  I couldn't quite capture it in focus with my 5 pixel camera that's on it's way out but you get the idea.

IMG_7999.JPG

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
80 Replies
Giulia

I saw that same thing yesterday at Aldis and thought about buying it.  Larger than the one I bought (and the same price)  It looks like it can handle larger pieces than the Vegetti.  But wasn't sure what I might use it for, though I suspect it might be easier to use than the Vegetti.  Anyone here used both?  I'm thinking if it goes on sale I'll get it.  

0 Kudos

It is a little big so not easy to store.

0 Kudos
shashort

May have  to get me one and try it. Sounds good.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Yeah, I thought of that.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I canned bread and butter pickles today. 

bread and butter.jpg

Giulia

Good for you!

0 Kudos
Giulia

I tried using the Vegetti on carrots - thin side - didn't work.  Did carrot spirals work for you, Jennifer, with larger Aldi's one? Jennifer-Quit

0 Kudos

I’ve only used zucchini. On the Aldis one, the box says you can use broccoli among other things. I’m not exactly sure how that would work. Lol

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

The only other veggies I have used are yellow squash (thicker spirals) and cucumbers (thicker spirals).  I sautéed the squash in a little butter and added a lemon/garlic sauce at the end.  It is a low points recipe on WW.  

For the cucumbers it works well in a salad.

My favorite is zucchini because not a big fan of it (except fried) until the noodles.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Correction - I use the ribbon cut blade for the yellow squash and cucumbers.  LOL - it is late!

0 Kudos