cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Today's Feasts

Had our first serving of Pesto!!!!  We usually plant much too much Basil.  Planted 3 store bought plants and put in seeds. Basil is really easy to grow from seeds.  But only four plants grew from seeds this time around.  Usually we have an entire 20' row of basil plants.  Much too dry here.  So I'll put in some more seeds.  BUT there were still enough leaves to make our first batch!  It's such an amazing color when it's being processed.  You can also freeze it, I discovered.  And it's a REAL TREAT in the middle of winter, let me tell you!

IMG_8029.JPG

Zucchini is doing fantastic.  Trouble is - Zucchini is so boring to eat!  Sorry dear Zucchini, but I have yet to find a recipe that's mouth watering with you.  Except the Zucchini cake recipe.  And fritter frying the flowers.  That's a taste delight delicacy like no other!

IMG_8028.JPG

The Mesclun lettuce is also doing great.  For you crop gardeners out there, if you want to add some spice to your salads, I highly recommend it.  It's a combo of different spicy greens like from the Cress family, etc.  Really perks up a salad.  

IMG_8024.JPG

Aside from those treats the day lilies are all in bloom here.  This one is truly amazing.  Looks like God took a paintbrush, dipped it in a bit of red and ran his thumb and forefinger across it in a flick to splatter some on the white central part.  I couldn't quite capture it in focus with my 5 pixel camera that's on it's way out but you get the idea.

IMG_7999.JPG

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
80 Replies
Mandolinrain

Time got away from me this weekend but I am making that basil pesto tomorrow  Cant wait!

0 Kudos
shashort

Those veggies and mulberrie look good. Sighs wish I had a green thumb to do a garden. Maybe one day I will give it a try. So meantime I will ejoy your postings of your garden.

0 Kudos
Giulia

I don't think you need a green thumb, Sassy.  Just like anything, you need to pay attention to it for it grow.  You need to love it and talk to it and nurture it.  Whether it's a quit or garden.  Though I will admit that gardening does take a bit of luck, 'cause mama nature can trounce you.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Opened up my Vagetti (sounds like a part of a woman's pudendum.  lol!) two nights ago and made a first batch of zucchini spaghetti.  Oh WOW.  Sauted it with some garlic, in a little butter and olive oil and then sprinkled with parmesan.  First time I've ever found zucchini exciting to eat!  Wish I had discovered it years ago.  Next I'll try it with some pesto.  YUM!

Veggetti Ontel Spiral Vegetable Slicer, Makes Veggie Pasta

Jennifer-Quit

I really like zucchini prepared with the Veggetti - I don't really use mine for any other vegetables.  Let me know if you have success using it for other things.

Think I might have to buy one!  

Jennifer-Quit

I make zucchini noodles and meatballs with a spaghetti sauce that is delish and low cal!  

Jennifer-Quit‌ 

This might be a stupid question.  In fact, it probably is.  LOL..  Do you put the zucchini in the Veggeti raw?  I would think so....

Jennifer-Quit

Yes - - I cook my meatballs in tomato sauce with Italian seasonings.  Add mushrooms and the raw zucchini noodles and simmer until done.  It is almost like having pasta - just zero carbs.

Jennifer-Quit

I bought a veggie spiral thingy at Aldi.  That was the most fun I’ve had cooking! I’m going to spiral EVERYTHING! I think I could have let the zucchini cook a little longer but I made spaghetti with meatballs. Thanks for sharing Jen.