cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Any Gardeners out there?

Unknown-1.jpegSpring arrives in 19 days!!!!!!!

This is a nice group I would like to see take off. Its a magical thing to dig in the dirt and watch seeds develop into a thing of beauty. Just trying to stir some interest for this group. 

I am starting / rooting things inside now. A tad early yes, but some of the things I root stay inside to cut from for recipes.

Gardening is fun .....vegetables, flowers, trees...etc.... also a good 'finger busy' activity when your quitting smoking.

If your new at it start with rooting, so easy and fun for kids/grandkids to watch. If you go to the group called GARDENING LOVERS, you can see my last post /blog with some things I started 4 days ago and then a pic of them today!  Happy Almost Spring Everyone!

Missy

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
84 Replies

Just wanted to let all you gardeners know I managed to kill my air plant.  That’s right. I said air plant!! Lol. All I had to do was stick it in water once a week! 

RIP Air Plant

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Poor Air Plant. 

Mandolinrain

hahahaha, you crack me up

Mandolinrain

Don't feel bad, i can't really tell if mine is dead or alive. I keep forgetting to soak it.

0 Kudos

Mine shriveled up. It’s about half the size. It’s dark brown. I tried to revive it with water. No luck. Lol

0 Kudos
Opidfght

Yes i do a lot of gardening I do not buy much out of the store I have broccoli tomatoes and peppers growing in the green house. I will start planting in the ground after quitting smoking 41 days to day, I poured my heart and soul into the gardens we have I grow in my garden potatoes snow or snap peas, zucchini , beans beets carrots cucumbers onion greens spinach turnips pumpkins watermelon never had much luck with onions, lettuce either taste bitter to me.then I have my flower garden crocus daffodils  hycithi  tulips fessica  Lilly's  roses morning  glory  and hundreds of sunflowers. I have four d to make my day go by even faster is to go play in the dirt and get dirty. And my pantry is full of canned vegetables  and all kinds of flowers 

Mandolinrain

I love playing in the dirt  ...and I can a lot also! Have for years, love it!

Opidfght

I grew up doing it we never went to the store if we couldn't grow it and can or freeze it we didn't need it was always my dad's motto rest in piece  dad will never for get what you taught us.

Mandolinrain

Sounds like we had the same parents,lol....made our own clothes too......many of them anyway.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

pastedImage_1.png

I got most of my garden planted today.  I am Zonked.  Whew. Green beans. bok choy, lettuce beets, cucumber, tomatoes.  I will plant the squash seeds tomorrow.  I also planted the celery plantings. The swiss chard and green are from the fall garden.  It is supposed to be 90degrees tomorrow. I may just go fishing...