cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,236 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Sootie My daffs have green shoots above ground, and my snowbells have about 1/2" above ground and I can see their tiny white buds at the tips!  But we are having ice and snow this week in the Mid-Atlantic, so they will just pause for now.

But - they give me HOPE and that's a good thing!!!

Spring WILL come; this pandemic WILL end.  I pray it is sooner rather than later!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I see things sprouting also. It is a lovely sign that spring is coming. We haven't had a really bad winter....YET.

0 Kudos
Giulia

After having lived in the north for years and years and now in the south (mid-south) - there ARE no bad winters here as far as I'm concerned.  Even when we had an ice storm when we lived in NC - that knocked out our power for a week - there wasn't snow on the ground for weeks and weeks and then more ice, snow and freezing temperatures and ultimate mud.  The people who live in the northern climes are mighty hearty.  Especially the northern northern climes, like Marilyn.  Winters have a brutality there that one can't begin to grasp until you can't open your front door and have to let yourself out of a window to get out.  I only lived 100 miles north of NYC and that's what I experienced there.  So I can only imagine what Marilyn experiences.  A Daffy sighting for her must be like a little miracle!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup a chilly night here as well -19 C  -3 F . In for a cold and snowy spell . It has really been an unusually mild winter so far so these are our more normal temps . Guess it was bound to happen at some point but there is light at the end of the tunnel ... just a few more months to go . 

I have been moving indoors , staying motivated and accountable to myself to keep moving as well as taking on some new adventures , so keeping busy . 

Hope everyone has been doing well . Took a nice break away from technology and got waaay more done . 

JACKIE1-25-15

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Go - AISHA | Shazam

JACKIE1-25-15

Yay New day.  This morning I upped the tension on my stationary bike one notch to 5.  I rode for 25 minutes with heart rate up to 121.  Need to get it up to 130 so the trainers say. Friday while walking in the mall I purchased some two lb ankle weights which I will be implementing.  I am going to put them on shortly. I forgot to put them on when riding the bike.

.Workout Exercise GIF - Workout Exercise Anime GIFs

YoungAtHeart

Did my hour long walk at the convent this morning.  Raw, damp, cloudy, but STILL wonderful!  I just love the peace that prevails there.  In the middle of a forest, with fields all around and huge, old trees,  birdsong.  The old, stone buildings are in the center, and the margins are forested - with all sides bordered by State parkland. 

Perfect way to start my special day.

NOW - need to batten down the hatches for the ice/snow/sleet/freezing rain that's on the way.

JACKIE1-25-15

Great way to celebrate LIFE!!!! Good Job.  Keep it MOVING

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy birthday Nancy , enjoy your day . Your start sounds beautiful . I'm so happy for you and grateful for you . You inspire  each and every one of us with your words , your energy , your love . 

I wish you many many many blessings . I wish ALL here many blessings . Jackie , congrats as well to you on your special day . 6 years is fantastic and I know you will continue the journey .  Again , you another ex member with heart and love and inspiration , and a cheerleader for us all . 

You both have inspired  me in more ways than you know even aside from LGM3 and the Ex . 

Indingrl , Giulia , Daniela , oh and all the others who have come by , it's been a team unmatched that's got me moving ! Thank you . 

Just a heads up though. I won't be checking in here as often , not much to say ... and am really focused still on doing what I can to help newcomers along with their quit journey more than anything . I really am also enjoying the me time away from the net more as well  ... new growth I guess . Of course I'll still be moving just not posting here every day twice a day like in the past but I will be reading as I'm able to catch up on your adventures in your neck of the woods . I love the imagery you all give because it makes my winters warmer . 

K now off I go , wish ya all were close I'd bake the real cake , with real candles  .. today is a reason to celebrate.. congrats to everyone celebrating today !